_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
New DML M4A3(75)W ETO
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 01:59 AM UTC
http://www.modelarmour.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1669:dragon-m4a375w-eto&catid=34:new-releases&Itemid=58

T54E1 with duckbill DS tracks. It says split hatch but every other kit I have bought included the late style vision cupola. I'd like to see the sprue shots. With the emphasis on ETO, I wonder if they are planning a later PTO version. One can hope. Maybe a Cyberhobby offering with wading stacks.
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 02:42 AM UTC
I'll be interested to see what's in the box. The split hatch appeared on the high-bustle turret early on, but I thought they were replaced by the more familiar raised cupola about the time that the oval loader's hatch appeared. Greater minds will know...

I've made similar set-ups with the Italeri turret and M4A3 hull as shipped in their 1:35 calliope, but a better-quality kit would be nice. I'm curious about the wheels they will offer - an optional set of disc wheels would be welcome! However, as most of the parts could be recycled from earlier DML kits watch out for undersized final drives and "rocking horse" bogies.

Any idea if the Big A will get a review sample?

Tom
jowady
KitMaker: 1,027 posts
Armorama: 683 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 02:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

http://www.modelarmour.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1669:dragon-m4a375w-eto&catid=34:new-releases&Itemid=58

T54E1 with duckbill DS tracks. It says split hatch but every other kit I have bought included the late style vision cupola. I'd like to see the sprue shots. With the emphasis on ETO, I wonder if they are planning a later PTO version. One can hope. Maybe a Cyberhobby offering with wading stacks.

Gee its about time someone made a recent model of the most common type of M4A3! Who could imagine we would have a Jumbo before this! Of course a few months ago I bought a turret and made my own from a 76mm but isn't that always the way. I will definitely get one of these!
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 07:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gee its about time someone made a recent model of the most common type of M4A3! Who could imagine we would have a Jumbo before this! Of course a few months ago I bought a turret and made my own from a 76mm but isn't that always the way. I will definitely get one of these!

I agree, it was about time for this one. They had all the necessary parts, it was just a matter of putting the right sprues in the box... Maybe this is a sign that Tasca are about to release one as well? After all, they are in the same situation parts wise...

Cheers!
Stefan
Big-John
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 731 posts
Armorama: 711 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 12:04 PM UTC
This will be a nice addition to the Sherman family! Now what to do with all my 10 or so out dated Tamiya M4A3’s I have in the stash?
TonyDz
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 420 posts
Armorama: 419 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 05:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The split hatch appeared on the high-bustle turret early on, but I thought they were replaced by the more familiar raised cupola about the time that the oval loader's hatch appeared.

Suggest you read this thread.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47208/thread/1304948885/DML+M4A3+75mm
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 12:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

. . . It says split hatch but every other kit I have bought included the late style vision cupola . . .

Very, VERY dangerous practice, judging the accuracy of one kit based on another. Accuracy is based on a comparison to reality, not another's impression of it.

KL
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 02:22 PM UTC
Sorry, Kurt. I should have clarified. I meant that the later style cupola was included on the sprues in the other Dragon M4s that I have built, meaning that it might be offered as an option with this kit if it uses the same sprues for the turret details. Always nice to have the extra parts.
 _GOTOTOP