_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
MiniArt Valentines - Things just keep getting
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 04:21 AM UTC
better.....

Hi folks,

I have to say I'm kinda knocked out by all the new additions on the British/Commonwealth side of life. Things just seem to keep getting better, it's hard to keep up.

MiniArt have done a shrewd move by including the Tank Riders and Transmission in their Mk I, in fact including figuers with all their kits is a major plus.

Al

Now I just need more hours in the day, build time, space. Lots of fun things to look forward to and more Mks in the pipe as well.

Al
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 05:40 AM UTC
I'm loving MiniArt's line of Valentine's, and still need to get the Mk I. I think they're a pretty potent force being great kits and great value for the money, and being British/Commonwealth of course doesn't hurt anything either

Hope we have a chance to see some of these built up by you soon
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 817 posts
Armorama: 555 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 06:26 AM UTC
i like the new kit's MiniArt are come out with i find it good that they're including figures in their kits seeing as their original releases didn't but this like you said Al isn't a bad thing i also like the new look boxes they're sporting you can tell they've been collaborating with Tamiya of recent, hence the whole ww II military minatures series and the parts count information on the box. i've got their T-70M light tank w/crew, and none of this info is on the front of the box so it shows how they're progressing as a manufacturer yes they won't become Dragon over night, but they're offering vehicles dragon isn't and at prices which are more affordable on the pocket
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 07:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

you can tell they've been collaborating with Tamiya of recent, hence the whole ww II military minatures series and the parts count information on the box.

When did that happen?

Going from memory I know they've (Miniart) worked with Bronco to supply them with figures for their sets and the same for Great Wall Hobby. They , again from memory, worked with Bronco on vehicles such as the Archer using Miniart parts, but I've yet to hear of them working with Tamiya.

As for any figure collaboration Tamiya has done, ICM have supplied figures for some of their recent releases.

Alan

Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 07:33 AM UTC
Very tempting line up there Alan... Too bad I haven't won the lottery and have enough money to 1) buy everything I want and 2) quit my job and have enough time to build 1/4 of it...

It sure is great that they're including figures, especially since they're very good. Other companies should take note of this!

Hope to see some of these built soon, Alan!

Cheers!
Stefan
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 08:55 AM UTC
Hi Jeremy,

I have to agree, excellent value for money. Their Valentine is a great little kit and of course they are making the most of all their releases by offering German versions where vehicles are know to have been captured.

Hi Ant,

The inclusion of the figuers is certainly a plus and I also like that they release the figuers as separates so you have choice. The boxing is very porfessional and the instruction booklets very well done.

Hi Alan,

Can comment on any link up other than the Bronco/Archer which just adds to the mix and is by all accounts a crackjng kit.

The Mk I is a real challenge to the AFV Club kit, given that it too will probably be grand. With the partial internals, transmission and a set of tank riders plus the price it will be a hard act for AFV Club to follow.

Hi Stefan,

These just arrived UK side recently. I got mine through Mike at Netmerchants, came the next day. He has amazing service. Price was pretty good the Mk V was $30.59 and the Mk I £33.29. With the free figuers that's PDG for here.

Hope to get started on one soon for the British Armour Campaign.

Hard to believe where we are now kit wise, there is terrific stuff appearing all the time. I hope they expand their British Softskins with some more staff cars.

Al

padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 - 02:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

When did that happen?

Going from memory I know they've (Miniart) worked with Bronco to supply them with figures for their sets and the same for Great Wall Hobby. They , again from memory, worked with Bronco on vehicles such as the Archer using Miniart parts, but I've yet to hear of them working with Tamiya.

As for any figure collaboration Tamiya has done, ICM have supplied figures for some of their recent releases.

Alan

your right Alan i was mistaken it was bronco MiniArt did figures for your correct it is ICM who has provided figures for their recent limited releases but Tamiya's latest figure sets russian infantry anti-tank team and russian infantry 1941-1942 are i do believe infact masterbox in origin judging by the build up and the sprues having no numbers and of course the bags the figures are now sealed in are the resealable bags like those of Masterboxes releases.
but i do think Miniart is learning from the more mainstream manufacturers and it shows with the quality in ever subsiquent release.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 - 07:00 AM UTC
[/quote]

but i do think Miniart is learning from the more mainstream manufacturers and it shows with the quality in ever subsiquent release. [/quote]

Hi Ant,

I'd agree they may well be learning from established manufacturers but I would go further, they are now a mianstream manufacturer themselves and to my mind actually leading the way in a number of areas.

Had this kit been produced by Tamiya for-instance, we would have got one option, and it is unlikely the figuers could have been purchased separately. MiniArt have shown much more courage and inniovation than many of the bigger players and their kits are much better priced.

Both MasterBox and Minart, plus Tasca and AFV Club have upped the choice for us British and Commonwealth moddellers to a level that would have been hard to imagine just a few years ago.

These are excellent time to be in modelling, quality and choice is at an all time high and long may it continue.

Lets hope MiniArt don't learn the errors of the big players and continue to carve out their own unique path. I have a feeling some of the companies I mentioned are much more aware of customer needs and market opportunities which can only be a good thing for the Allies.

Cheers

Al

vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 - 08:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

MiniArt have shown much more courage and inniovation than many of the bigger players and their kits are much better priced.

Lets hope MiniArt don't learn the errors of the big players and continue to carve out their own unique path.

Precisely, I'm a big fan of MiniArt for what they've been doing.

And I hope that they learn what not to do by studying the errors of the big players.
Dutchy3RTR
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 340 posts
Armorama: 337 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 - 12:24 PM UTC
A couple of long awaited releases there. Nice to see them actually in the UK at last.

I'm dubious about the Malta option on the MkV though. Peter Brown's recent MilMod article reported that Malta only recieved 2x MkII and 2x MkIII Valentines. Given the amount of research Peter puts into his articles I'm inclined to believe him.

Still very welcome though, and certainly a heck of a step up from the Eastern Express offering we were stuck with before.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 - 11:18 PM UTC
Hi Ken,

I haven't seen any pics yet of the Valentine in Maltan either, so I can't say, but I'd agree Peter's article is likely to be well researched.

Now if MiniArt were to make the Vickers Light Tank also that would fill another gap.

Al
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 - 11:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

These are excellent time to be in modelling, quality and choice is at an all time high and long may it continue.

Lets hope MiniArt don't learn the errors of the big players and continue to carve out their own unique path. I have a feeling some of the companies I mentioned are much more aware of customer needs and market opportunities which can only be a good thing for the Allies.

couldn't agree more Al, it's about time more allied armor was catered too, especially British armor.

Quoted Text

Now if MiniArt were to make the Vickers Light Tank also that would fill another gap.

that would be great fingers crossed eh?
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 - 11:51 PM UTC
Hi Ant,

We live in hope. I did come across these when I was looking for Valentines in Malta.

A Bren Carrier towing a Bomb trolly

The Miltilda

A Few Vickers Light Tanks

and the A 13

The stone camo is very unusual. It even turns up on the soldiers helmets

and I like this RE Steamroller in Sicily

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP