_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M113 Zelda
corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 511 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 03:32 PM UTC
Here are some photos of my latest build, an M113 Zelda. My local club is having a contest this June and the theme is M113's. I tend toward the IDF stuff and had the needed parts in my stash. I used the Academy kit, the Zelda one. I also had an old Verlinden Zelda Armor kit to play with.

I found a bunch of stores in the spares box to fill the sides and the top. Here are a couple of pics. These are all before weathering and finishing. I will post more after the weathering.

The overall top of the build.

Right side.

I scratched the oxy-acetylene torch pieces. The bottles came from a Verlinden box.

The left side.

The front with one of my ratchet strap buckles securing the sand bags.

The back. I masked and painted the black and white stripes.

The skirt armor. After applying the marking decals, I went back in and punched out the holes in the decals.

That's all for now. Let me know what you think.
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 876 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 03:28 AM UTC
Nice build and painting job Cory especially the markings on the side plates. A couple of items though.

1) You've chosen to use the parts for a command & communication vehicle based on your use of the map table in front of the rear hatch and radio antenna mast. It is highly unlikely a command track would carry an acetelyne set. These would be on job spesific'Chataf' tracks or repair tracks.

2) With the installation of the Toga Armour system you wouldn't find the extension arm for the trim vane still attached in front of the driver.

3) All The M113 tracks in the IDF I've seen have mesh over the front grills.

4) There is ususlly a spring loaded step below the rear door on Later IDF M113s.

If you need some references check out teh IDF- in -Scale web site and forum . there are loads of photos and answers regarding all IDF ground forces equipment in particular.I recommend Registering for the site if you can. I've never been able to.

Yehoshua Weingarten
corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 03:07 PM UTC
Yeah I know that the command vehicle wouldn't carry the torch, but I wanted to fill the racks with something. I am also going to add the fn mags next to the top hatch, again not usually seen on a command vehicle. I do build for some accuracy, but not total and complete. Thanks for the comments!

I left the trim vane arm only because I forgot to leave it off.

I will have to find some mesh for the grills thanks for the tip! I don't know about the step but I may look into adding that as well.
corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 05:27 AM UTC
After a long pause, I thought I should post some photos of the finished product. It has been finished for almost a year now, just haven't taken any finished shots of it yet.

grog18b
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 09:10 AM UTC
Nice finish job Bro. GROG
Captin_Caveman_III
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,069 posts
Armorama: 1,062 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 02:44 PM UTC
This was some grate work here., love the added detail. An the painting is top noch!!
bat-213
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 788 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 05:34 PM UTC
great job,very well done.
corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 12:57 AM UTC
Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it! It is on its way to the AMPS show without me unfortunately.
Captin_Caveman_III
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 09:38 PM UTC
"Man"!!! you have alot of fath and trust in that person!
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 - 03:43 AM UTC
What paint did you use for it?

corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 - 12:57 PM UTC
Scott, the paint I use for all my Israeli armor is Vallejo Model Air 044 Light Grey Green. I really like the look it gives the IDF pieces I do.
corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 - 12:59 PM UTC
Cpt Cave, the Zelda is the least of my worries I gave him, he also has my M1126 Stryker with the Slat Armor. I talked to him toady and he said everything made it just fine! I just wish I could have gone!
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,728 posts
Armorama: 1,629 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 - 03:19 AM UTC
Nice to see your models in person. I heard your name announced at the awards and I thought "darn, there's another person I missed meeting" - but I guess you weren't even there!

Jim
corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 - 04:58 AM UTC
Yeah Jim, I really wanted to be there but was unable to make it. Fortunately for me John Charvat was willing to take my entries with him so that I could get them judged in a AMPS International show. These were my first entries at this show. I have attended som regionals but never the big one. I have to say, I am very excited about the results they got, wasn't really expecting to get that high of scores.
Captin_Caveman_III
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 11:08 PM UTC
Let us know how you made out.
corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 02:21 AM UTC
Well, according to my trusted courier, and I do trust him, both the Stryker and Zelda completed the trip safe and sound. I won't see them until next Saturday, the 12th, at our club meeting but again, I trust him! Also, both scored gold in the Advanced Skill Level. So, again, I am very happy with the outcome. Now I just need to actually go to the show and it will complete the whole deal.
Tankrider
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,208 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 05:23 AM UTC
Cory,
Thanks for all of that trust... I was more worried about your models than mine. Anyhow, you rally received two Silver medals, not Gold.

Just kidding

JC
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,465 posts
Armorama: 2,383 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 03:42 PM UTC
Hey Cory,

Man the pics dont do this justic. I saw it at the IMPS show today and its awesome! Well done Cory.

Hey, Thanks for the Barrel for the T90 bro, Nice catch for me. Congrats on your awards for your stryker! The slat armor was un beliveable. Beaker Rocks!!! Memememe!

Gary
 _GOTOTOP