_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-69-II engine deck drawing
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 07:24 PM UTC
I know it's not exactly Russian armor, but I can't find the Chinese Armor forum : where can I find (preferably online) a good scale drawing of the T-69-II engine deck ? Is the Trumpeter kit part correct ( I' m afraid it's not, among other things ) ?

TIA
Frenchy
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 03:21 PM UTC
I have copies of the old Vasco Barbic articles that were in Military Modelling magazine in the 1980s. They covered the T-54/55 series, as well as the T-59 and T-69 series. I'm not sure if they are what you need, but I may be able to scan a few pages for you.

I don't have the Trumpter kit to compare, but here are some reviews of the entire series: http://www.missing-lynx.com/reviews/modern/trumpt55.htm
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 11:06 PM UTC
Some scanned pages about the T-59 and T-69 series would be gratefully accepted ! I already knew about ML review of the Trumpeter kits and their weak points but I've had the opportunity to buy a T-69-II with a 40% discount...Every penny counts ! I think that this kit could be turned into a credible wreck but I would like to build one as accurate as possible
Thanks for your help, Bob

Frenchy
 _GOTOTOP