Hosted by Darren Baker
Somewhere in Afghanistan
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,716 posts
Armorama: 1,638 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 01:08 AM UTC
Here are some pics of the buildings i am well building for a diorama i am building for a good mate of mine ... these are early pics and some later ones ..with the vehicles in place it may seem are little busy but the point of this diorama is that the Abrams has run out of go go juice and the Hemtt fuel truck is there to top it up ,now because of where they are they have to be protected and thanks to a mate of mine who worked in Afghanistan he saw this first hand ,,ok it was a Hummer which run out of fuel in the real world but i desided to use a tank instead ..makes for a better model in my humble opinon
Heres the pics ..

[img=http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9754/dsc0144ks.th.jpg]

Cheers
Phill
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 01:19 AM UTC
Looks interesting, but there is no focus. It's too busy. Maybe some figures in the intersection would add a focal point?
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 01:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks interesting, but there is no focus. It's too busy. Maybe some figures in the intersection would add a focal point?

C'mon Matt give him a chance, it is obviously a work in progress and is bound to include figures.....

I can see the potential and also the additional work so far, such as the update to the Abrams and interior to the LAV.

One to watch methinks...

Keith.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 01:33 AM UTC
My good friend Richard Wilson and I served in the army together and sence then hes gone onto greater things (in his opinion lol ) ,,anyhow when he told me of this he said he was amazed at just how many blokes turned up to protect the hummer and the fuel truck ..fuel truck makes for a easy target as we all know and he did think it was a little bit of over kill but he did say it did make for a interesting 35 mins lol
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 01:36 AM UTC
One thing i did forget to say was that yes there is going to be men and a fare few of them to and i am going to be building most of these from scratch as i am not very happy with alot of figures out there at the moment but Blackdog has some new ones i got to take alook at ..these might chance my mind .

Cheers
Phill
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 01:38 AM UTC
If you are shooting for an A'stan dio, the vehicles are wrong. First, Bradleys have not been deployed there and the only Abrams that have gone are from the USMC and do not have the side ERA TUSK blocks. Next, HEMTT fuelers do not leave the FOBs without armor.

Your dio would be more appropriate for Iraq around '06-'08 with the tank and Bradley. However, the Stryker would not usually operate together with them. Different units use tanks and Brads and Strykers. Heavy Brigades have the taks and Brads, while Medium Brigades use the Stryker. These units usually are in charge of different land areas and rarely work together in the same area. The HEMMT is still out of place for Iraq due to the lack of Armor as well.

A good idea, you just need to research your sceen a bit first. You can't just throw a bunch of US vehicles together and make it look right.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 01:45 AM UTC
Nice point Gino but like i said this is being built for a mate ,,ie a customer and this is what he wants ,,,not what i want ..in his case he wants something that he likes and will enjoy looking at for how ever long he wants to look at it .. he is not one to be worried if it is totally bang on the money ,,hes not like us which i have to admit makes my life easier ,,hes got the money to throw at this and hes going to throw alot more at it and hes loving this so far ..at the end of the day thats what this hobby is all about ain't it ?

Cheers
Phill
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 04:23 AM UTC
O.K., whatever works for you. I wouldn't build it if it was this inaccurate, but that's just me.
 _GOTOTOP