_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
"Whispers of war"
VLADPANZER
Visit this Community
Lebanon
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 549 posts
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2011 - 07:55 AM UTC

I am planning on building a vignette of some soldiers passing a statue in a square, the statues pedestal is covered with notes and photos of lost loved ones and missing friends.

I will be using a picture frame as the base, and an old knight toy for the statue! The pedestal will be old wooden dominoes coated with plaster. I am planning to name it “Whispers of war”. Not quite sure on the name or the figures.

Any advice and criticism, is welcome!!
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,411 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2011 - 08:50 AM UTC
you should use either russian soldiers in Stalingrad or german soldiers
thats what I think would look cool
Removed by original poster on 06/11/11 - 17:29:55 (GMT).
VLADPANZER
Visit this Community
Lebanon
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 06:34 AM UTC
I will be using two or three German soldier’s, I would use Russian soldiers but it would not fit the scene. I have glued down the pavement I have also painted on the base coat on the bronze statue. The wooden blocks have also been glued together. I have started painting my second figure; I painted the other one a week ago.

Here is the outline of the dio:

bill1
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,938 posts
Armorama: 520 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 11:06 PM UTC
Yo Vladimir,

Nice story!! But scale down the statue...its totaly out of scale...use a knight in 1:35 scale, with horse for example.

Greetz Nico
VLADPANZER
Visit this Community
Lebanon
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 06:44 AM UTC
Thank’s Neco, the only problem is that there are no modeling stores in my region and the toy’s are the only thing’s I found. I will use it as a substitute until I find a 1/35th or 1/32nd scale knight.

So, this is my progress so far:
I added some strips of wood to the pedestal to give it a sort of design, I then added plaster to get rid of the ridges and the texture of the wood. I even added some flaking part’s to show some battle damage:

I also added plaster to the base to even it out and to give the styrofoam sheet some texture and battle damage:

Here is the statue (I will be using it as a replacement for now), I gave it a dry brush of sky blue and several washes to give it a faded rusted bronze look (I hope I have succeeded). If it does not look real, please give me any advice on how to fix it:

And finally, this is the overall progress. I found a chain to go around the statue and I have also started looking for notes to print out.

Any advice and any comment is welcomed and appreciated!
 _GOTOTOP