Hosted by Darren Baker
My first dioramas
kellyzhangxi
Visit this Community
Shanghai, China / 简体
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 12:45 PM UTC
Hello, everyone, this scene is still making, I would like to ask how the road should be modified.i need some suggestions.thanks

dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 01:45 PM UTC
Hey Kellyzhangxi, First, thanks for posting your first dio here. Many are reluctant to do so, so my hat's off to you. Here are some pointers for you and please don't take any as a bad form of critiquing. It's just plain ole advise to help you on your way to being happy with it. Your cobble stones seem quite large, I would make them smaller, they were set by hand and I would hate to lift and set those all day. Your sidewalk is O.K. but if you look at the left side by the door there are wedges to fill where the spaces didn't met. An easyier way to do them is to pour a plaster section on your base and mark them out with a ruler and scribe them in. This way you can adjust the size so you wont have those wedges there. A bit smaller or larger will never be noticed by the veiwer. Your building edge has some seams in the middle which you can use putty or glue baby sand on to hide. I would also repaint the bricks that are grey to a duller red/brown/purple.orange. It depends on the area where the bricks were manufactured as to the true color. The dark brown/purple would be from being (baked longer than normal) but still used. Your layout seems fine so far. I will asume there is more to add? As this is your first dio, I'd say you are well on your way to a good one. Hope to see more as you go along with this. Remember rule # 1, have fun no matter what!
kellyzhangxi
Visit this Community
Shanghai, China / 简体
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 02:33 PM UTC

kellyzhangxi
Visit this Community
Shanghai, China / 简体
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 02:36 PM UTC
Thanks for your advice.Some of your question has been resolved in my part of the update.Is this better a little?
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 05:12 AM UTC
Great job so far kellyzhangxi, but I think you need some more color variation on the paving stones and cobbles. When I paint cobbles I often use three or four different grey colors. Drybrushing with different grey colors can also help. Then I use a dark wash and some relevant pigments to bring it all together.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.

-Karl187-
kellyzhangxi
Visit this Community
Shanghai, China / 简体
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 02:06 AM UTC
thanks for your advice.it's so helpful.may i ask other question,how can i fixed the ruins?
Karl187
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 08:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

thanks for your advice.it's so helpful.may i ask other question,how can i fixed the ruins?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this- do you mean how do you fix rubble and bricks and stuff like that? If so then PVA (white) glue thinned with a little water is usually the best way.
kellyzhangxi
Visit this Community
Shanghai, China / 简体
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 12:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this- do you mean how do you fix rubble and bricks and stuff like that? If so then PVA (white) glue thinned with a little water is usually the best way.

thanks so much.this is what i want to know.my english is just so so.I hope you can know what i say
Karl187
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 01:05 AM UTC
No problem kellyzhangxi- make sure to post some pics of your progress.

Cheers !

-Karl187-
kellyzhangxi
Visit this Community
Shanghai, China / 简体
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 - 09:03 PM UTC
of course.i will update as soon as I can.

Pookie
Visit this Community
Shanghai, China / 简体
KitMaker: 127 posts
Armorama: 123 posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 - 11:33 PM UTC
第一次就做大房子不错了。坦克的泥巴有点过头。期待完成品
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 04:16 AM UTC
You have a lot of good things in your dio, but a few things stand out as needing a little fixing. One thing that jumps right out in your rubble pile is that every brick is perfectly in tact and none of them are broken and pieces of brick. Quite unusual for a building that has been blown to bits by a bomb. In size they should be the same as the ones still attached to the building. Also they are so carefully and neatly spaced. pile them high and every which way broken ones included and other debris mixed in with them. You might also etch some more spaces in your street bricks to make them smaller and more believable. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing............Al
kellyzhangxi
Visit this Community
Shanghai, China / 简体
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 02:07 PM UTC
这个论坛碰到中国的兄弟不容易啊,谢谢鼓励,呵呵
Removed by original poster on 06/27/11 - 01:14:02 (GMT).
kellyzhangxi
Visit this Community
Shanghai, China / 简体
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 02:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You have a lot of good things in your dio, but a few things stand out as needing a little fixing. One thing that jumps right out in your rubble pile is that every brick is perfectly in tact and none of them are broken and pieces of brick. Quite unusual for a building that has been blown to bits by a bomb. In size they should be the same as the ones still attached to the building. Also they are so carefully and neatly spaced. pile them high and every which way broken ones included and other debris mixed in with them. You might also etch some more spaces in your street bricks to make them smaller and more believable. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing............Al

thanks for your advice.It's so helpful.It has been processed according your Suggest. Is it better now?

kellyzhangxi
Visit this Community
Shanghai, China / 简体
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 - 03:24 AM UTC
update

_GOTOTOP