_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Home Page Focus ?
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2003 - 12:24 AM UTC
I noticed that on Saturday my focus for my home page is acting a bit strange.
The title of the IE in my task bar is "Aircraft Models Focus..." Yet I load to my normal Diorama focus.
A second thing I noticed was that in the bottom left of the focus home page the Latest Posts used to always be Diorama based, not hey are random, some GM, Some AC, some RRB etc.
I have tried it on three machines so it's not machine specific.

Nothing is negativly affecting me - I can still navigate and do what I want - just curious if anyone else is experience these things.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2003 - 12:40 AM UTC
Similar effect here too. I think the Grand Oz is at work with the layout.
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 805 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2003 - 01:30 AM UTC
I actually use the Aircraft Focus and a couple of days ago there was a test something or other at the top of the "/news" area from Jim where he was testing something. The latest posts for me is also showing them from all the forums not just AC like it used to, but I don't use that so it's no big deal for me, I just figured it was Jim working on it.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2003 - 03:22 AM UTC
Hurooooom..... IGNORE THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!

:)

Yes I have been making a few modifications to the focus pages. The title bar thingee definately needs to be fixed. Thanks!

Jim
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,580 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 07:19 AM UTC
Jim,
Its been a couple of day now and I was wondering...were you planning on switching the "Latest Posts" back to showing just thsoe posts relative to the focus?
By this I mean will I once again see only figure related posts instead of those plus paint plus...plus...plus
Oh yeah, if you can't tell by this post, I'm hoping to see them back to the old way
Thanks,
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 08:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jim,
Its been a couple of day now and I was wondering...were you planning on switching the "Latest Posts" back to showing just thsoe posts relative to the focus?
By this I mean will I once again see only figure related posts instead of those plus paint plus...plus...plus
Oh yeah, if you can't tell by this post, I'm hoping to see them back to the old way
Thanks,

I don't have a preference really so if the masses would rather just have results from a single forum that is fine. I had though a bit more diversity would be better being many of the other forums contain topics of interest to figure modelers as well.

Cheers,
Jim
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,580 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 11:45 PM UTC
Hi Jim,
Thanks for getting back to me on this.
Although I am a fairly big guy, I'm no where near big enough to speak for the masses
I will say that I prefer the old way for a few reasons:
There aren't nearly as many posts to the figure forum as compared to the others. Since
this is the forum I am most interested in, having only those posts show on my Armorama
home page works best for me. Now, when I look there, there may be only 1 or 2 figure posts and the rest are for General Modeling, Scratchbuilding, Painting and Airbrushing, etc.
In fact, this morning, there were no Figure posts shown at all.
I still scan the other forums for anything of interest to me but I do this using the page that shows the latest posts for all forums.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. I appreciate the fact that you are at least willing to hear us out. It speaks volumes as to just how good this site really is.
Whatever you end up doing with this will be fine.
After all, you're the boss here
Thanks again,
 _GOTOTOP