_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Voyager Churchill Mk IV upgrade set
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 05:35 PM UTC
Alan McNeilly takes a look at the Voyager Model basic upgrade set designed for the AFV Club Churchill Mk IV Gun Tank.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
metooshelah
Visit this Community
Jerusalem, Israel
KitMaker: 1,507 posts
Armorama: 1,304 posts
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 - 01:14 AM UTC
thanks, i've enjoyed reading
Kharkov
KitMaker: 181 posts
Armorama: 175 posts
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 - 01:56 AM UTC

" it does not include the gun barrel nor replacement fender parts as depicted on the front picture"

The box picture clearly highlights the fenders and gun barrel, if they are not in this kit, then Voyager should use a picture that shows what exactly is included in the kit, at the end of the day the customer has a right to see what he is buying, full stop.

Blatent marketing trick.
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 - 02:45 AM UTC
Just a note:
I believe the metal gun barrel is included in the AFV Club kit.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 - 03:45 AM UTC
Hi Matt,

That's the reason i highlighted it in the review, the initial picture would throw you off unless you read the back of the box. To be fair Voyage do state on the front it's a basic set so that should make one stop and think.. Darren is correct the Barrel comes with the AFV kit. Still a comprehansive set though.

Al
Kharkov
KitMaker: 181 posts
Armorama: 175 posts
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 - 04:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Matt,

That's the reason i highlighted it in the review, the initial picture would throw you off unless you read the back of the box. To be fair Voyage do state on the front it's a basic set so that should make one stop and think.. Darren is correct the Barrel comes with the AFV kit. Still a comprehansive set though.

Al

Its good that you did highlight it in the article, Voyager make some fantastic products, but they need to stop playing little marketing games because it puts some customers off, me included.

Imagine this scenario for a moment -

Tamiya change the box art on their T-55 kit (just an example) showing a T-55 with a full set of reactive/spaced armor, whatever, fender extensions, extra sighting equipment, the full monty, but then in the box you only get a bog standard T-55.

People would not stand for it, there would be an outcry , and yet it's exactly the same thing.

To be fair to Voyager, I think they are mainly doing this to save on costs, they get to use one box for every set they do for each vehicle, but it's still sneaky, and they know it

ruzzaa
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 189 posts
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 - 04:25 AM UTC
Hi Alan,
I purchased this set for the mesh grills
AFV Club 1/35 WWII British Churchill Series Touch
A nice set for all AFV Club Churchills, mesh grills for side intakes,handles and other odds
made by voyager. I purchased this from Lucky Model $4.59 inc P+P

http://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/500/rgch1.jpg

_GOTOTOP