_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Trumpeter Krupp Steyr Waffentrager
Gundam-Mecha
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,019 posts
Armorama: 933 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 11:25 PM UTC
Trumpeter send us a preview of another upcoming release, Kit NO.01598 German KRUPP STEYR WAFFENTRAGER, in 1/35 scale.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Berlin45
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 96 posts
Armorama: 74 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 02:18 PM UTC
Now THIS I'm really excited about! Every since I saw the award winning build up of the (Cromwell?) kit I've wanted one.

I'm all for 'Paper Panzers' and it's nice to see another one that was actually made (albeit only as a prototype). I hope Trumpeter gets on the 88mm PAK 43 Waffentrager wagon soon!
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Friday, July 08, 2011 - 06:18 AM UTC
I believe a few were built (very few), and used in the Battle of Berlin. My mistake. I was thinking of the Ardelt 38 (d) version which I would rather have in kit form. It really amazes me how they found room for the 88's recoil, the crew, and ammo handling in this Krupp version - maybe that's why it never made it into production.
John_O
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 569 posts
Armorama: 322 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 12:42 AM UTC
Ah rats, I just bought the New Connection one less than two months ago. Ah well... I think I'll just stop buying resin paper panzer since Trumpeter seems bound on releasing them all...

J
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 01:30 AM UTC
I really like this and the ASU-85 (and will get both) but I wish Trumpeter would also release their 1/16 SU-100 like they've been promising. It's long overdue.

BTW, nice preview Jon! The pictures really do sell the kit!

- Jeff
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 07:12 AM UTC
That's a very interesting looking vehicle.. it almost looks to me like a small sports car

I decided a while ago that I don't want to do any WWII German vehicles anymore, but every now and then a kit comes along that sucks me back into it

Hisham
tanx
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 - 10:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I believe a few were built (very few), and used in the Battle of Berlin. My mistake. I was thinking of the Ardelt 38 (d) version which I would rather have in kit form. It really amazes me how they found room for the 88's recoil, the crew, and ammo handling in this Krupp version - maybe that's why it never made it into production.

I agree... How the heck could the loader get a 88mm round (over 4' long) into the breach!!!
Berlin45
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 96 posts
Armorama: 74 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 06:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I agree... How the heck could the loader get a 88mm round (over 4' long) into the breach!!!

Agreed- wonder if a Kugelblitz or Coelian turret would look good on this chassis?
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 08:25 AM UTC
What an ugly looking vehicle, I've got to get me two of these! Would make for an interesting late Panzer '45 build if they had gone ahead and proceeded with the project as a production series vehicle? Keep those paper panzers rolling . . .

-Eddy
Ranchhand
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 289 posts
Armorama: 257 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 09:25 AM UTC
that's a very big gun on a very small tank...
reminds me of Danny Devito with a shotgun.
ill get one
Adamskii
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 537 posts
Armorama: 474 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 - 04:41 AM UTC
Well its good to see the German armour fans finally get a long awaited release for their genre (which have become so sparse these days), filling what was obviously a massive hole in the "must haves" for any WW2 axis armour enthusiasts collection. Its great to see such a well resourced company utilising those resources so effectively and to ensure it gives the customer what its been crying out for. Bravo Dragon.

*** rest of comment deleted ***

_GOTOTOP