_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Campaigns
Group builds and online competetions. Join the fun!
Hosted by Darren Baker
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2003 - 12:07 PM UTC
Hi Folks. A campaign folder has now been set up for those that would like to participate in the upcoming Diorama campaign. Click on "CAMPAIGNS" and then "OPERATION COVER_UP" and "ENLIST" to join in.
The list of those who were originally lnterested are as follows! Campaign is open to everyone!

01. Bren
02. Waterboy
03. Plasticbattle
04. Plmp110
05. Tuga
06. ModlrMike
07. Envar
08. Airwarrior
09. Vlady
10. Danmo
11. Sphyrna
12. Matrix
13. Neill
14. Fritz
15. REMEARMR
16. penkala
17. Nug
18. Dustoff
19. Slodder
20. Panzerseba
21. PorkChop
22. jrnelson
23. Manchu34
24. Pnzr-Cmdr
25. PvtParts
26. penpen
Faust (to be confirmed)
Howitzer (to be confirmed)
General Failure (to be confirmed)

Operation Cover-Up ..... Campaign Rules

Bren will be leading the campaign with Plastic Battle as 2nd in command.

Start date: 5 November 2003 (AD) ..so we start with a bang! End Date: 1 February 2004 (AD)

It will not be a competition and there are not many rules, so as to keep it fun and to have a wide range of entries.

1- The diorama must have trench, weapons pit, foxhole, gun emplacement or even a dug in tank. In fact any type of cover ... man-made or natural!

2- the diorama may contain as many tanks, figures, crashed planes or corpses as you want
or even abandoned trenches

3- any scale, any army, any date from WW1 to Modern.

4- at least 3 photos must be shown of the completed diorama.

5- at the end Bren will make a MSN Photo folder thingie for all the photos of the campaign

6- a medal, kindly custom designed by FAUST will be awarded to all succesful completions.

7- ALL USERS WISHING TO ENTER, BUT HAVE ALL READY STARTED, KINDLY PLACE YOUR DIORAMAS TO THE SIDE UNTIL 5 NOVEMBER THEN START AGAIN.

8- ALL DIORAMAS MUST HAVE A FLAG OR OVERHEAD IDENTIFICATION FLAG AS THE LINKING OBJECT (X-factor) FOR ALL THE DIORAMAS

Matrix
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 528 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 05:51 AM UTC
Signed up yesterday. :-) What does it mean you have to have a flag, is it like a flag on a pole by the trench? And what is the X factor, have you guy decided yet? Thanks.
Sofa
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 20 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 06:02 AM UTC
I signed up erlier today... Ya I was trying to figure out the flag thing too. =D
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,312 posts
Armorama: 1,054 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 06:38 AM UTC
I am assuming it can be any type of a flag. You could have it on a flag pole or if you had a bunker you cold have it on the roof (for air recognition) or it could be on the ground all torn up.
Pnzr-Cmdr
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 483 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 07:39 AM UTC
i believe that the x-factor is the flag guys. that was to my understanding anyway
Quoted Text

8- ALL DIORAMAS MUST HAVE A FLAG OR OVERHEAD IDENTIFICATION FLAG AS THE LINKING OBJECT (X-factor) FOR ALL THE DIORAMAS

panzerseba
Visit this Community
Vrancea, Romania
KitMaker: 92 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 05:14 PM UTC

wath do you mean by this:

laurie
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 217 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 05:04 AM UTC
hi, again a question about the flag: what do you have to paint on it, your own signature?????? inform me

Laurie
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 05:36 AM UTC
In the very frist diorama campaign ... the X-factor was a window. This meant that there had to be a window in the dio. Didnt matter how it was modelled or where. It could have been a house ruin, a shed, a vehicle etc. it could be intact or damaged ... but a window had to be included.
Bren and I talked a bit about this X-factor and thought it was a good idea to include it. It may take some imagination as to where a flag will used in a dio but thats half the fun. A flag must be visible, but to what the flag is, is up to you. It could be a flag at a control emlacement, it could be a overhead recognition flag ... it could be folded on shelf in a bunker, wrapped around an injured soldier to keep him warm. The choice is yours ... but ther must be a flag!!
As there is no set time when your dio has to be placed ... it could be an permanent Isreali control point with their flag flying ....... or a Palestine protester with an flag tied around his neck taking cover behind an overturned car. Imagination is needed!
Hopefully you get the idea from this!
 _GOTOTOP