_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/35 Japanese 47mm ammo source?
fredsirois
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 - 06:48 AM UTC
Hello All,

I am trying to find 1/35 scale 47mm ammunition and casings in either resin or brass for a Japanese Type 1 47mm anti-tank gun. No-one seems to make that product. I am thinking of purchasing a 50mm ammunition set produced by Dnepromodel (an eastern European outfit) for a German gun. I know the shape may be incorrect but, since that is the closest in size, I may have no other choice.

Before I drop the hammer, does anyone know of a source for 1/35 scale Japanese 47mm ammunition? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

caryl576
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 165 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 - 11:08 AM UTC
From what I gather the 47 mm gun was also used (in some form) in the Chi Ha tank.....

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/finemolds/fm21.htm

The Finemolds kit has turned brass 47 mm shells (initial production) in it and the review above should at least show you what the shape was.

I'm also getting hints they released a separate ammo set but can't seem to find a live link for it, but maybe if you searched japanese retailers ?
goldnova72
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 - 12:32 PM UTC
MinArt does an ammo set in plastic for their Soviet 45mm guns . It might be close enough in size . Kit # 35073
 _GOTOTOP