_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
How do you weather trucks?
Fritz
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 495 posts
Armorama: 140 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 10:55 PM UTC
How do you LIGHTLY weather a big fat halftrack. Trucks I think are quite harder to weather maybe because of the multitude of nooks, crannies, & corners so how do you?
thanks
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 12:12 AM UTC
The way I weather 1/2 tracks and trucks is with an air brush and Tamiya Dust.
I thin the dust down pretty well. Then I turn down the air pressure on my AB about 5lbs less than normal and lightly add a coat of dust around the wheel wells, running boards, and tracks.
Then when that's dry I go back in with pastels. I shave off a pile of similar color dust and dip by soft brush in and dab and brush it on the AFV.
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 459 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 01:23 AM UTC
I almost exclusively use pastels to weather pretty much everything (not counting washes and drybrushing). They accurately portray the effects of dust/dirt and, if you accidentally goof up, you can take them off fairly easily and try again. Make sure that you use a color appropriate to the theater you are trying to represent.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 07:38 PM UTC
i use a very small amount of very light grey paint thinned enough, spray it with tha AB, leave to dry , to add this used effect to the tracks and then a lot of pastel compinations till its done
 _GOTOTOP