_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
LVT Projects
Spuds
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 393 posts
Armorama: 287 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 - 04:40 PM UTC
Hello all. I'm about to start builds on several LVT's and would like to avoid having to use the tracks included in all Italeti kits. Does anyone know of a source of suitable repleacment tracks?

Thanks,

Tom
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 - 06:59 PM UTC
Well there are Friuls for the LVTs,but why not wait for the new LVT from AFV Club? I'm sure they'll probably bring out a few differnt versions in the near future.

Rick
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,716 posts
Armorama: 1,638 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 - 07:00 PM UTC
Hey ya Tom ... check this out ..should help you out nicely

www.armorama.com/forums/93378
Spuds
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 07:28 AM UTC
Thanks for the replies, Guys. I believe the Hard Core set is long out of production. I have a set of Accurate Armor tracks and will use if nothing else turns up. Will look into the Fruil Models tracks. I have an article describing a build in which the modeler used a set produced by M4 Models. I think M4 no longer exists, but perhaps under another name. Richard, you may be right. I might just wait on the proposed LVT's. Thanks again, everyone.

Regards,

Tom
Hederstierna
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 1,102 posts
Armorama: 1,018 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2011 - 06:00 AM UTC
Hi Tom
I myself had the same problem, and did the mistake of buying the resin tracks from AA. I thought I'd saved some money, but no... These tracks looks really nice on the outher side, but are useless on the inside. They won't go along with the drivesprockets at all. I had to go for the much more expensive ones from Friul, and I have to say, they are nice, AND they come with metal sprocketwheels that fits dead on. But these are a real pain in the to build, but I think they are the only way out. Sorry!
Best of luck
Jacob
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,191 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2011 - 12:06 AM UTC
The AA tracks were meant for an older LVT kit done by CMK years ago. As stated above, they don't fit the Italeri/Revel LVT kits at all.
Spuds
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2011 - 12:52 AM UTC
Thanks Jacob/Jesse. Sounds like the Fruil tracks are the way to go right now. Maybe I can use the AA tracks for beach debris. So, Fruil tracks or wait for the new kits to come out? Decisions, decisions? I think I'll have a beer!
 _GOTOTOP