Hosted by Darren Baker
Revell Panzer IV H 1/72
jamingui
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 03:16 AM UTC
Build OOB with addition of Zimmerit made with Apoxie Sculpt and a little bit of plasticard in the spare tracks.

Depict as a tank from the 4. Kompanie, 21. Panzer Division, Normandy 1944

Greetings

Javier
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 04:07 AM UTC
Javier,

Firstly, welcome to Armorama and the Braille Forum. You have done a splendid job on this kit. I have this kit in my stash so I am aquatinted with the fact that it isn't one of the simplest to build. Your camouflage looks excellent and the tank could be easily mistaken for a larger scale. It might be the pictures but, the colour of the muffler and the tracks on the front looks a bit too uniform. It stands out when compared to the otherwise great job that you have done with the weathering on the rest of the vehicle. Thanks for sharing and hope to see more of your work in the future.

Cheers,
Jan
Panther64
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 365 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 04:35 AM UTC
Great looking Panzer IV Javier! And welcome to the Braille Scale site! It's always amazing to see great looking armor done in such a small package. Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future.
Korpse
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 01:16 PM UTC
Hi Javier

great to see your work

I think there is nothing trickier or harder to pull off than home made zimmerit on a braille scale model.

I don't know if this is your first go at zimming or your an old hand at it, but its a pretty good job you've done. I know how hard it is to get a good look !

thanks for posting

cheers
Neil
weathering_one
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 458 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 06:58 AM UTC
Very nicely finished model. Hope that you post more of your builds in the future.

Regards,
AJ
Coolaznkid
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 74 posts
Armorama: 44 posts
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2011 - 11:47 AM UTC
Great work. If you don't mind me asking, how would you rate/review the kit itself? Thanks
PanzerAlexander
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 625 posts
Armorama: 608 posts
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2011 - 07:43 PM UTC
Hi Javier,

Welcome to Armorama.

Excellent looking PzIV. I realise the difficulty of making the zimm.

I have built theRevell's ausf H but it was but in a different box (pictures a whitewashed tank with the commanders head half way out the hatch). I dont know if this is a new tooling or just a diff artwork.

That kit was the best around those days.

Again, great work.

P.A.
jamingui
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 05:43 AM UTC
Thanks everybody for the comments.

@ Korpse: It's my first time doing the zimmerit and will be not the last I gues. Next time I can take some pictures from the process to show how I did it.

Although I'm not new in the modeller world, It's my first time appliying weathering in a model. That's why the muffler and the spare tracks look not so good. I think I need to practice more

@Coolaznkid: The model itself is one of the best in 1/72 scale. The detail is really fine, specially the tracks. The fitting of the pieces is perfect and there is nor flash neither sink holes in the sprues. I would say is a "must have" for the Braille scale modeller.

I have in the pipeline a Revell Famo, a Dragon Panther G and a Revell Tiger II with Porsche Turret. However If i'm able to find somewhere a Cromwell from Revell ( really hard to find one at reasonable prices), I will be very happy to have a change from german vehicles.

Cheers

Javier
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 05:11 PM UTC
@jamingui - Javier,

Welcome! Your Zimmerit paste job looks very outstanding. I also like the sprayed camouflage pattern.

Thanks for posting and sharing your work, hoping to see more.

Again, Welcome!
-Eddy
 _GOTOTOP