_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Italeri M24
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 - 01:55 PM UTC
I don't know if this was discussed already. They have apparently re-released the old kit with new link and length tracks and I think decals, and given it a new catalog number. Is anything else on the kit new tool? is it just intended as a spoiler to the announced Bronco kit?
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 - 06:44 PM UTC
I bought this model several months ago. Apparantly it's no different than it was 20 or so years ago, except for the tracks. Italeri tend to resurect old kits every now and again in the hopes of renewed interest and sales. The model has the usual errors, omissions, and gaps to fill. Formations made a correction set for it which cost 2 or 3 times the cost of the Italeri kit and may be hard to find now that Formations has gone out of business. Royal Models also makes a P/E and resin set for it. But with all that up-dating expense it would probably be cheaper to wait for the Bronco model.
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 - 07:27 PM UTC
If I were you i'd wait for the Bronco kit

Italeri doesn't invest too much in new tools, it tends to "refurbish" their old moulds which sometime are 30 or 40 years old

This is quite disappointing for the Italian modellers...for having a Centauro and an Ariete kit in 1/35 scale....we have to thank a chinese company
 _GOTOTOP