_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
AFV Club New M41 SPG
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 - 02:43 AM UTC
Posted over at PMMS. It is listed as a "future" release, along with the M42A1, 40mm bofors and a T34-85 with full interior.
zapper
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 745 posts
Armorama: 734 posts
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 - 03:26 AM UTC
Hmmm And if they say M41SPH that should indicate a M1A1 howitzer? There have been aaaaaaa lot of talking from AFV Club lately but not much hockey played (as the saying goes in here in Sweden). Considering their usual release pace there are now listed releases for the next 6-8 years on PMMS. I wonder how many of them they actually will release and how many of them that will come out before thier competitors have released their versions.

Better to release actual kits than just releaseing announcements...

Cheers,
/E
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 - 06:33 AM UTC
Another mix of fact, fiction, and desperate hope - I suspect. The 17pdr and 25pdr are not likely now that Bronco is actually producing British arty. And that M42 duster has been in their "future releases" section for several years now! Pity, as I'm sure they could really do a nice job...

Tom
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 - 06:42 AM UTC
Since the PMMS News Report was solely based on AFV Club's catalogue (not DIRECTLY from the company), not one of these releases is confirmed from within the company.

PMMS have an identical problem as we have with AFV Club - they've gone 'dark' for the last few months since they changed their staff.

So, going on that basis, and bearing in mind that AFV Club announce (but rarely actually produce) how credible is that report?

Now, we have used Catalogues as the basis for News Reports (we did it earlier this year with both Trumpeter & Hobby Boss), in that respect, these two companies are much more reliable. AFV Club, quite frankly, isn't
redleg12
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 872 posts
Armorama: 831 posts
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 - 11:40 AM UTC
Hummm the M42 and an M41 to boot. Lets see...do they also have a bridge to sell.....is there really a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...... as Jim discussed they are worse than ever.....

I will belive it when I see the kit actually for sale...wait.....until I atually get the kits delivered........until then it appeares to be another sighting of Elvis!!

Rounds Complete!!
 _GOTOTOP