_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Miniart 7.62cm Zis-3 Gun
toby2282
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 195 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 07:06 AM UTC
Hi,

Thought I'd share this one with you for any comments. The kit was a bit of a problem to build as the instructions were a nightmare. There were no part numbers on the sprues, so in order to find the part you needed you either looked for a part that was the right size and shape or went to the front page of the instructions and tried to find the part on the sprue plan which had numbers!!

There was a fair amount of flash on the smaller parts and some fit issues, especially with the breech block and the part above the barrel. I built it out of the box, except for an RB models barrel, which again despite instruction went together beautifully.

I am going to order some Hussar wheels for this and my 57mm Zis-2 Gun that is in the stash, then it will be complete. The shield is blue tacked on to allow easier access for painting.

Even though it was a pain at times to build, I loved the little kit. Great to get back into building over a weekend at the end of the summer. Hopefully this will get me back into finishing all those uncompleted projects that I promised to finish this year!!

Cheers

Toby
ColonelKFChicken
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 30 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 10:16 PM UTC
I built the Zvezda version of the Zis 3, It was my second build ever (my first 1/35) and was a bit of a nightmare as I also found the instructions really hard to follow.
a lot of kits seem to have ambiguous instructions, The Zvezda has a single page double sided instruction sheet but at least its numbered I suppose. Good luck with the rest of your build, Hope the link is helpful even if its for a different kit
Removed by original poster on 08/31/11 - 09:35:08 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 08/31/11 - 09:48:12 (GMT).
ColonelKFChicken
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 10:55 PM UTC
http://gallery.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/364242
Removed by original poster on 08/31/11 - 10:02:46 (GMT).
ColonelKFChicken
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 11:46 PM UTC
4-BO-Green
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 270 posts
Armorama: 230 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 12:04 AM UTC
Nice build!

I had the kit also. But no AM barrel and wheels. You must have he barrel and wheels to make this kit a stunner.

Regards,

Remco
 _GOTOTOP