_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Masterbox: September New Releases
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2011 - 03:37 AM UTC
Information from Masterbox Ltd. on three new, 1/35th Scale figure Releases which will be looking to seperate you from your hard-earned cash from this month.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2011 - 08:28 AM UTC
Yip, I shall have to get a set of the Allied Troops.

Al
jowady
KitMaker: 1,027 posts
Armorama: 683 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2011 - 08:41 AM UTC
And I have a Lee to put them around!
grom
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 214 posts
Armorama: 167 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2011 - 11:32 PM UTC
The Allied troops look good also have good potential for conversion to other theatres of conflict,I'am a bit disappointed with the check point set i think Masterbox have lost the opportunity for a good modern set of figures,let down again by the weapons and equipment,I will by them for the base figures and use spare Trump weapons and equipment,still mus'nt grumble they are very welcome.
Phil
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 02:54 AM UTC
Phil,

Or use Live-Resin 1/35 weapons and gear (ad on the left column of this website) for the OIF Checkpoint figures.

Interesting how the Masterbox figures are all on one sprue. Indeed, they are a welcome addition to the styrene figure market
grom
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 214 posts
Armorama: 167 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 11:30 PM UTC
Yes I have been looking at them Peter they certainly are little gems,have you checked out Trumps weapon sets ? they are pretty good and are affordable and their equipment pouches etc are good to, its a pity their figures let them down.Yep get what you say about Masterbox with the one sprue, not a lot of extras maybe because they try to keep the price low.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,716 posts
Armorama: 1,638 posts
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2011 - 11:32 AM UTC
Have any of you guys seen the remake of the movie Sahara with James Belushi ? its a pretty good re do of the old Humphrey Bogart one, the reason i ask is because the Allied set looks almost exactly like the guys from the movie .. theres the Aussie with the Bren ,,the Sargent Major from the Sudan ..young British solider who dies early in the movie ,,the French solider doesn't have a beard tho but hes there and the US tanker played by James ,,so if any one wanted to do a dio from that movie with a M3 Lee these guys would be bloody near perfect .
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2011 - 04:15 PM UTC
Nice new additions. I even like the Germans this time. Imagine that !!!!!
FirstMass
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2011 - 05:33 PM UTC
It's safe to say that the similarities between this set and "Sahara" are not a coincidence.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2011 - 09:21 PM UTC
I've finished the reviews for both the Allied and D.A.K. sets, so, they should be available very shortly.

The verdict is that they are both excellent sets - with a slight 'favoritism' towards the Allied one. The animation on the D.A.K. set is frankly impressive with a good mixture of uniforms. The only thing about them is that for VERY early-war, some modification will be necessary as they have the (later) M1942 Tropical Tunic (with plaiting on the pockets). THat's NOT a big deal, but it's something to be aware of.

Gunner-steve
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 60 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 04:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Have any of you guys seen the remake of the movie Sahara with James Belushi ? its a pretty good re do of the old Humphrey Bogart one, the reason i ask is because the Allied set looks almost exactly like the guys from the movie .. theres the Aussie with the Bren ,,the Sargent Major from the Sudan ..young British solider who dies early in the movie ,,the French solider doesn't have a beard tho but hes there and the US tanker played by James ,,so if any one wanted to do a dio from that movie with a M3 Lee these guys would be bloody near perfect .

I read on their website a while ago that they were modeled off Sahara. So best track down a Lee and make a dio.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 05:36 PM UTC
Hey wait a minute, there's still a German pointing, he's just doing it with a gun this time

Phil, I agree with your thoughts. It seems to be a common, not consistent, theme with modern figure sets. I'm not too worried about this set, I too think the base figures are going to be good.
 _GOTOTOP