_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
AM Works Sept/Oct releases
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 07:17 AM UTC
Alliance Model Works have informed us of their October releases which are already listed on their site. They have released two sets of photo etched parts to aid you in super detailing your figures, there are six photo etched masks to help you make your AFV model accurate and eye catching, and finally a set of rulers to help you with accuracy.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 01:10 AM UTC
I have to get me some of those figure detailing sets- much more detailed and comprehensive than the Aber sets- watches and glasses - I was thinking yesterday that a pair of glasses would be a great idea for an etch set on figure accessories!

Couple of questions though (for Brian if he's around):

Whats with the red parts on the frets?
How many complete sets of web gear are included (not counting the A Frames)? (How many soldiers could you kit out, for instance?)
I see an instructions page detailing some of the award badges/uniform insignia- is there more instructions as there appear to be more in the fret than are explained in that instruction page?
Are there any plans to do a helmet detail set, liners, chinstraps, decals etc?

Cheers!

-Karl187-

CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 03:29 AM UTC
I suspect it is so that the chemical etching process produces raised detail with the red segments being etched slightly more than the black. That said I will bring this to Brians attention as I am only guessing.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 01:27 PM UTC
Thanks for the PE process explanation Brian.

These seem a bit overdue but also timely if that makes sense. Very useful for those beautiful but complicated German camo schemes, and for bringing one's figures to the next level. Can we expect to see more PE items like this from AMW in the near future? Perhaps PE frets for superdetailing Soviet figures?
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2011 - 12:33 AM UTC
Cheers Darren.

Brian- thanks for taking the time to explain all that. I'm very glad that canvas webbing is included in the set, this is great for late war and Afrika Korps figures. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on some of these.

Great to hear that your working on helmet accessories aswell, I don't envy you in trying to work out how to do helmet netting!! Best netting I've seen is on Wolf and Hornet heads, British ones that even have some strips of burlap. I really think an etch set of netting would be very welcome.

Like Jeremy said- any plans for other etch sets for different nationalities?

andyevans
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 369 posts
Armorama: 249 posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2011 - 01:11 AM UTC
Excellent stuff Brian, placed my order online yesterday.

To echo the other guys, please do some allied sets. Scratch building a Garand sling is a nightmare !

Andy
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2011 - 03:35 AM UTC
I have this product in my sweaty hands and it looks superb. Many many applications will be possible with these bits. I can't believe that there are actually LSSAH shoulder loops in there!
J
tigerproductions
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 238 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 11:56 AM UTC
Please do some for 120mm, and 1/10 scale busts as well.

Cheers,

Jose
 _GOTOTOP