_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Valentine 7.92" Flame Mortar
27-1025
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
Armorama: 1,222 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 06:02 PM UTC
Not content to just build the available crop of Valentine kits, I've got in mind to do the experimental Valentine 7.92" Flame Mortar. I've only been able to locate one photograph which is from the rear showing a soldier standing on the deck next to the tube which looks like it is sunk into the hull body where the turret was. Was hoping that someone might know of any other documentation there might be available. I would also like to know which version of the Valentine hull was used for the conversion?
bigmal
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 211 posts
Armorama: 176 posts
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 - 05:28 AM UTC
I don`t think the Mark of the donor tank matters as all but the late marks looked exactly the same regardless of of engine type (the canadian and later mk 11`s had a cast nose), so i would say you could use any Valentine kit
Pictures of experimental equipment are few and far between, i think i`ve got the same one you mentioned
New books on the Valentine are available now so there might be some coverage in them
Good luck with the project

Malcolm
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 - 06:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I don`t think the Mark of the donor tank matters as all but the late marks looked exactly the same regardless of of engine type

Sadly, not quite true. The various marks had different arrangements of stowage boxes & tools on the fenders. They are unique to the marks, so you need to get a look at the stowage box arrangement on the photo and bukild the hull version that matches the stowage boxes.

HTH

Paul
 _GOTOTOP