_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Figures to use for afghan army
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,411 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 08:07 AM UTC
Are there any figures out there that with a little modification can pass for an ANA soldier..........opinions wanted and or pictures of the kits.........
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 04:31 PM UTC
For which time period? I have a feeling they look a little more badass than they did back in '02. Probably wearing body armor, ski masks, and other cool guy kit just like our Iraqi counterparts started doing. At any rate, in '02 Kandaks 5 and 6 were wearing American Woodland pattern BDUs, black leather boots, East German LCE, Danish backpacks, and Soviet helmets. Soon after they switched to the tan boots. I may be able to dig up some old photos. Use Tamiya figures from the eighies, like the ones that come with their M151A2. I hear they're too skinny, just like the ANA were...
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,411 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 05:14 PM UTC
I am looking for more modern like 08.....09........
jashby
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 248 posts
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 - 02:58 AM UTC
Still the same. Go for any early 80-90's US figures and you'll be on the right track as they are still wearing the Woodland Cam BDU. They'd even started using US LCE and helmets. Boots were a mix of older black and newer tan. At least the 4th Kandak in Uruzgan where when I was there in 09-10. They'd only just started to change over to the M16A3? and the M240(US MAG58), all US supplied. Some die hards from the old Afghan Army back when the USSR was there still wear the Soviet helmet especially the older Officers. They only wore balaclavas when they where sitting in the back of their Ford Rangers to stop the dust.

Cheers, John

_GOTOTOP