_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
What's on the bench?
Bombshell
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 293 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 01:55 AM UTC
Hey evryone,

Got back from school last Wednesday and already have some projects on the go.......Vacations Rules

The Patton is the Tamiya kit built OTB. I had it fully assembled in two days and shot the primer coat Saturday nite. I should be able to have it painted by tommorrow. Its gonna be in USMC marking, since they are more colorfull than the Army tank.

The unpainted hull is the Marine Sherman by Italeri. I started it last nite and so far the kit is behaving pretty nice. Not as quick a build as a Tamiya kit but fun nonetheless. Should have that one fully assembled by the end of the week.

So, what are you guys building??? Drop a line and maybe a pic, I always love to see ongoing assembly shots.

Cheers,

CDT Reimund Manneck
U.S. Army ROTC
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 02:39 AM UTC
Hola,
On the bench...
1) A diorama with 3 US WWII Infantry guys running for their lives (Nemrod)
2) A couple of Germans shaking hands (Warriors)
3) A scratched 200mm bust of a Modern US infantry soldier
4) A big mess
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 02:53 AM UTC
This weekend, I finished up some work on my AFV Club M10 Tank Destroyer and got closer to wrapping up my Skybow M38A1 Willys MD Jeep...

Gunnie
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 02:58 AM UTC
Gunnie, if you keep posting pics like that, I'm gonna quit armor completely and focus on aircraft - provided you don't start building those too! :-)

I'm currently working on my Alien Warrior (as most of you know...)
Tamiya's 1/72 Bf109
I'm starting Revel's 1/48 P-38 Lightning tonight

YodaMan
The_Swede
Visit this Community
Jönköping, Sweden
KitMaker: 327 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 03:02 AM UTC
Hey Guntruck.
Good looking M-10 you got there.

I'm currently working on the HKCW strv122 conversion as can bee seen in the photosection.
The kit is ready for painting and I'll try to put on the first layers of dark green tomorrow (or maybe tonight).
Then i have to build up some courage to start on the camopattern.

After that one I'll continue with my AA Strv103C with minerollers.
I'm currently waiting for scaleplans on the minerollers but I can always continue building on the tank itself.

The Swede
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 03:33 AM UTC
Reimund--good to have you back on the net. Gunnie's work brings tears to the eyes. "Why not me, Lord?" Amazing work. Anyway, i am hard at getting the M-26 Dragon Wagon completed. It is an engineering marvel. The criminal shame is that you cover up every detail you put into the cab area. Fire extinguishers with decals, decontamination bottle, canteens, submachine gun cases, first-aid kits, and .50 ammo boxes all covered! I took several photos of previous efforts along with my work area and will post shortly. Did you get to Fort Knox yet?
Stay safe
DJ
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 04:32 AM UTC
On my bench, other than a total mess, is the Academy Israeli M60A1 with mine rollers, a 1/72 Tiger E by Revell of Germany, a 1/12 scratchbuilt hover tank based around the 1/12 cockpits of the F16 AND the F104 from ESCI. Trying to finish a diorama of a Panther and crew taking a break next to a bombed out building shell. Should have this done in about 20 minutes, as I need to paint a bird and place him. There is more, but I cant remember what all I have going at the moment. Baseball season is upon me and I don't get much building done while I'm playing ball. I save it for the fall and winter. Gotta go.......got practice in an hour. "Q"
Phantom
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 195 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 04:47 AM UTC
On my bench is a 1:35 ESCI BMP-1, a 1:25 '67 Mustang GT, and a good half dozen large buildings a friend just dumped on me to assemble for wargaming.

-Paul
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 05:45 AM UTC
Tamiya M8 Greyhound and a Minicraft 1/16 '31 Ford truck, with AFV Club's m10 and m18 on the side.
kf8xo
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 114 posts
Armorama: 107 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 06:27 AM UTC
Just started the Tamiya M48A3, so I'm elbow deep in putty closing up the BIG holes in the hull. And trying to finish my turtleback Hummer. And of course the mess goes without saying.
Bombshell
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 06:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Did you get to Fort Knox yet?

DJ

Leaving on June 11....that will give me some time to build some models :-) :-)
If everything goes alright at Knox I will probably ship down to Fort Benning and Jump School. Gotta enjoy modeling while I can, this is going to be one busy Summer.

Cheers,

CDT Reimund Manneck
U.S. Army ROTC
Bombshell
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 06:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just started the Tamiya M48A3, so I'm elbow deep in putty closing up the BIG holes in the hull. And trying to finish my turtleback Hummer. And of course the mess goes without saying.

Oh yes! Those holes are a pain to close, they are some of the biggest I've seen on a Tamiya kit. Fortunetly I dealt with that last Summer before I went to school.

Cheers,

CDT Reimund Manneck
U.S. Army ROTC
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 07:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Did you get to Fort Knox yet?

DJ

Leaving on June 11....that will give me some time to build some models :-) :-)
If everything goes alright at Knox I will probably ship down to Fort Benning and Jump School. Gotta enjoy modeling while I can, this is going to be one busy Summer.

Cheers,

CDT Reimund Manneck
U.S. Army ROTC

Reimund--fantastic school. Don't need to tell you to be in tip top shape. The better physically prepared you are the more you will truly enjoy the experience. Let us know how you make out.
Airborne.
DJ
tazz3
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 62 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 07:39 AM UTC
thats a sweet tank and jeep iam working on a panzer IVH
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 07:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

On my bench, other than a total mess, is the Academy Israeli M60A1 with mine rollers, a 1/72 Tiger E by Revell of Germany, a 1/12 scratchbuilt hover tank based around the 1/12 cockpits of the F16 AND the F104 from ESCI. Trying to finish a diorama of a Panther and crew taking a break next to a bombed out building shell. Should have this done in about 20 minutes, as I need to paint a bird and place him. There is more, but I cant remember what all I have going at the moment. Baseball season is upon me and I don't get much building done while I'm playing ball. I save it for the fall and winter. Gotta go.......got practice in an hour. "Q"

Gentlemen--you restored my faith in perserverance (ie--messy work bench, ten models in various stages of production, etc.) as a guide in the world of modeling.
thanks
DJ
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 08:25 AM UTC
Hi I´m currently building (just started!) an Italeri Pz IV ausf G....along with an 1/72 aircraft Mirage III Br ( with brazilian markings)...
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 08:32 AM UTC
Still working on my SU-76 have been for a month. Yes Gunnie that is two sweet models .Why don't you do a Panther or Tiger I? keep up the good work. Next model is the 105 MM from AFV. Hope shes easy
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 268 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 11:25 AM UTC
M-48A5K from Academy and a DHC-3 Otter... which is driving me nuts. An M-113 A2 on the side, waiting for paint... Oh, and those Bandai kits...
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 268 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 11:27 AM UTC
And I was waiting for that M-19 to shoot me... it looks so real.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2002 - 11:32 AM UTC
......man 'o man, Gunnie.....
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
KitMaker: 793 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 01:04 AM UTC
I've got the following on the burner:

1. M51 Batch 2/3 side by side builds
2. Humber scout car
3. North African Dio, featuring the "Helios Lokos" (Greek SAS sacred Squadron) in a ruined Greek temple!
4. M113 Zelda Generation 5
5. Italeri Fuel Tanker
6. IDF M3, 1982 period halftrack conversion
7. LAV 25 in Afghanistan complete with 5 crew figures
8. Centurion Shot
9. M13/40
10. Special Forces, Fologore figure Col Moschin in Somalia
11. Merkava MK 2
12. Dio of Polish forces in Anacona Italy "Via Doloroski"
14. (never use 13!!) An Idf Blackhawk (Shanuf) Diorama.

Jack, Get outta the sack!!
That's it for now
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 03:03 AM UTC
I've stil got the same 3 things i've been working on for a while but there all coming close to being finished. Heres whats in the bunker (workspace)

1. Kirin guntruck conversion, right now iam working on a crew for it and a little bit of weathering left.
2. Model Valley guntruck conversion, working on the paint job, all black, weathering, crew, and iam figuring out what i should name it.
3. AFV Club M35A1 Quad 50 guntruck, stil painting it, getting a crew for it, and have the turret to finish up along with some accessories.
4. Humer kit, kinda different from other ones, its goign to be like a future kind of thing anyways it has a XM-134 mini gun in the front, mounted 50cal. w/grenade launcher on the back, and a M249 SAW w/infra red scope.

Mike
Bombshell
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 05:54 AM UTC
Man, you guys have alot of projects going together at once. I usually only start a new project once the previous one is primed.

Anyway, the Patton is finished. Just click the link to see the picture. I'll take more pictures and send them to Jim later.

M48A3

Hope you guys like it! It sure was fun :-)

Cheers,

CDT Reimund Manneck
U.S. Army ROTC
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
KitMaker: 793 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 06:10 AM UTC
Very nice patton. I'd like to see it on a little groundwork however. Just my personal foible perhaps.

Jack
 _GOTOTOP