_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
REVIEW
US ARMY ACUPAT Decals
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 - 02:35 AM UTC
Brian, first of all, learn some manners and stop with the name calling. You are just showing people who you really are rather than proving your point.

As for the 95% average of your products... well, after all the bullying on the forums (and this discussion is the best case of bullying I have seen so far from you), there are a few people who would dare to review your products and be completely honest with them. It is just not worth the trouble. It would be best if you yourself wrote the reviews... That way you would get your 95% and be happy.

Quoted Text

Whether you accept it or not, this is the truth, and is what others are going to see.

No. What people are going to see is a frustrated manufacturer who sends his products and then whines if it doesn't get the stellar review he wanted, arrogant and rude with absolutely no manners.

Mario
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 - 02:47 AM UTC
Time out from ALL sides please...
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 - 03:05 AM UTC
I have to get to work so I'll keep this short, trivial playground bullying aside...

1-Personally, I'm not impressed with Rob Mathews results...a delicately sculpted figure with most of the details covered up. This review by Mario hit the nail on the head in terms of performance of the product.

2-I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any stipulation on AMW website or Ebay that states that these should only be used by (and sold to) highly experienced modelers.

3-Use this review to further improve your product...other manufacturers worth their salt do. Constructive criticism can be a good thing for a company.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 - 03:20 AM UTC
Brian, Mario was assigned the task of reviewing this set of decals by me, as I am not even an amateur when it comes to modern camo. I sent a second set to another reviewer, but he hasn't submitted his review.

I stand 100% behind my reviewers and do all I can to protect the integrity of their reviews. Armorama does not pressure reviewers to give high or low scores. The fact that Mario is a staff member has nothing to do with my support for him. Nothing.

If anything over the several years I've been an editor, I have had to encourage reviewers not to give overly generous scores. No product deserves 100%, but you'd be surprised how many first-time reviews I get giving 95% scores despite a long list of problems with the product.

Percentage scores reflect the opinion of the reviewer, and are not scientific calculations.

Personal insults to reviewers undermine the credibility of AMW and their products. Let your products speak for themselves, even if occasionally the reviews are not positive. You can't expect every product to be a winner. The high scores AMW have gotten here are no accident, but apparently these decals have some issues. Attacking the reviewer as a know-nothing does not address the issue here: the decals are extremely difficult to "set."

Your choice, as James says, is either to take the criticism and improve the product, or accept the fact that the product is less-than-perfect. Trashing a review and insulting the reviewer makes you look bad personally, and reflects badly on AMW. It would make me as a potential customer wonder if AMW products are really as good as you've claimed.

Let's face it, modern digital camo is a challenge in this scale. Few of us have the skills to paint it on. Your decals may or may not be up to that challenge-- perhaps no decals are. But to bash the reviewer for stating an opinion unfortunately looks like a smokescreen to hide an unflattering truth.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 - 05:26 AM UTC
Profanity and name calling? Sorry but nobody harasses my staffers like that. Brian is banned until such time that he publicly apologizes via another popular forum (that he is not banned on) in a manner that makes me believe he is truly reformed and will not continue on his past path of bullying others and acting the 'ego' god of modeling.

As Alliance is an advertiser here I fully expect this action will cause them to cancel their ad. Luckily for us there are 3 people waiting for that space as it is.

Jim
Motorwinter
Visit this Community
Carlow, Ireland
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 - 09:21 PM UTC
Good review. I was wondering having purchased the Live Resin LRM35001 1/35 Modern US Soldier if you Good Folk or any of your Members could recommend a Camouflage decal set that would work with this figurine.
ComaBlack
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 194 posts
Armorama: 148 posts
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 - 11:28 PM UTC
Necro-post!!

Anyway, go CrossDelta. I've used four or five of theirs, though granted not the ACU or other digital patterns. Cut into thin strips 1/16-1/8 inch wide, length as needed. They just need some Micro-Set and two minutes of soaking. Use a cotton bid and small soft brush to push into small details. Its like they are closer to some kind of latex than normal decal film. Like the stuff they use to coat rifles.
 _GOTOTOP