Hosted by Darren Baker
Suggestions anyone?
Miliminis
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 125 posts
Armorama: 108 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 07:24 AM UTC
Greetings everyone in the small world! We at Miliminis want to give 72nd Scale Resin Armor Conversions and Accessories a go but are at a total loss as to what to produce. We did pick up a half-finished Sherman IC Hybrid Master and are working to finish it for release next month. After that we are totally in the dark as to the needs of the 72nd scale world. Any suggestions?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 07:36 AM UTC
Panzer IVs; British armor; Artillery, just to name a few.
Miliminis
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 08:14 AM UTC
Hi Matt! Didn't know you liked the little stuff too. I guess Armor Modeling is contagious in any scale! Someone suggested a full Archer kit in 72nd to one of my people. What needs to be done with Panzer IV's?
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 09:02 AM UTC
Hi Ronnie, and thanks for inquiring.

There are all kinds of "voids" in Braille scale that could use some representation. I'll side with Matt as far as artillery goes and British armour. Did I mention artillery, British artillery (25 Pdr, 7.2" Howitzer etc), common German field guns and howitzers (various 10.5 cm howitzers, 15 cm), Commonwealth tanks (RAM, early Churchill, cruisers such as A13). Also sorrowfully missing are the plethora of British armoured cars, both World War II and even pre-war. Perhaps some WW I armour or armoured cars. And how about various vehicle storage crates, ammo boxes, tarps, bedrolls etc. Then there is also self-propelled guns such as a Bishop, Priest, Sexton, M40...

Some of the above might be somewhat available in Europe (shipping is a killer $$$) but it would be nice to have these produced and available closer to home (North America).

Cheers,
Jan
Miliminis
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 09:37 AM UTC
Thank you for the suggestions Jan. Yes, we have noticed the absence of Braille Scale aftermarket based on our side of the pond. What I am doing here is getting a starting point and produce a few items to see how well they do. It seems the best way to judge what to do first is to simply ask fellow Modelers. If the items go well, we'll then produce more. We have built a pure 72nd scale website linked to our own to separate everything. It just needs all the "blanks" filled in which will be done in time.
SchoeniR6
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 189 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 09:54 AM UTC
Hi Ronnie

I think itīs is good to hava a good bundle of tires. Special modern vehicles like hmmwv, stryker and some stuff like that. Most od the tires you can get are not really good. i know a lot of modelers who search for a good alterativ.

Cheers Daniel
Firefly74
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 224 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 01:41 PM UTC
Hi Ronnie. Having a mainly Allied focus I'd have to agree with Jan's suggestions. There is a real lack of many British subjects, particularly armoured cars and early war equipment from France and the North African campaign. There was a wide assortment of amoured cars, anti tank guns and artillery used in these early war theatres that are rarely covered. (Morris A/C,Marmon herrington A/C, 2pdr AT etc).

From an Australian perspective I would love to be able to access conversion sets (or kits) and decals for Australian armour in WWII, and from the Vietnam war up to today.
I have always wanted to build the M113 with T50 turret, Aust. Leopard, Vietnam era Centurion for example. While it is possible to ge these conversions in 1:35 scale nobody seems to do them in Braille scale!
Thanks for your interest in Braille scale, it is most welcome.
Cheers,
Tim
Miliminis
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 10:41 PM UTC
Great suggestions folks and thank you. I do believe that for now we will stay with our Allied theme and go from there. I, myself have noticed the lack of the British and Commonwealth items ranging from WWI to present and there are a few US items that are relatively untouched. At least we now have a starting point but everyone's suggestions are always welcomed.
Panther64
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 365 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 11:48 PM UTC
Hey Ronnie,
I'm coming in a little late but I would love to see some conversions for modern era MBTs like the Stridsvagn 122 the Leopard C1 with MEXAS and a TUSK set for the Abrams just to scratch the surface. Thanks for showing interest in this scale.

Kerry
Miliminis
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2011 - 08:02 AM UTC
Never too late to make a suggestion, our doors (and ears) are always open. Now that M-1 TUSK sounds like an excellent idea!
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 622 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2011 - 08:45 AM UTC
Artillery both the Allies and Axis would be very welcome. Especially with well detailed figures to accompany the artillery
Charlie
Miliminis
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 01:12 PM UTC
We are seriously considering some Artillery, but mostly self-propelled. We have gotten our hands on some great M-108/M-109, Priest and Sexton info that we are going to put to good use. As far as Artillery pieces go, what exactly did you all have in mind?
 _GOTOTOP