_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-80uD zeveda
musicwerks
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 375 posts
Armorama: 335 posts
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2011 - 04:53 AM UTC
Dear friends,

I just bought a zeveda t-80uD from the LHS at a good price.

I have built some of the older kits like Su-100, the plastic was horrid with por details. This was surprisingly okay, well it looks at least like italeri/ academy plastic and has individual and piece meal track links

How does the kit rate in terms of accuracy and build?

Btw, where is this afv deployed? Chechen?

Cheers
Kiong
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2011 - 05:04 AM UTC
None deployed in Chechnya, as least I've never seen a pic and find it highly unlikely. Only T-72's of various models and T-80B/BV's where deployed in the Caucasus.

In terms of accuracy I'm not really qualified on T-80's, but I have read on this site and others that it has problem's. Others can perhaps chime in with what those are.
cagkancakir
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 434 posts
Armorama: 409 posts
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2011 - 08:17 AM UTC
I'm not an expert but i can say that Zvezda's T-80 UD has some issues, some dimension and shape problems (hull and turret especially) but it's a T-80 UD afterall

You may use some aftermarket parts, tracks maybe and a metal barrel (kit's barrel is oversized)..

Please read the following link:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/167909&page=1

PS: By the way DML T-80 and Zvezda's T-80 are the same kits, just reboxing..
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 03:21 AM UTC
It's not a perfect kit but at least it will look like a UD. The tracks are too wide and prevent the fit of the side skirts, the sprockets are not correct too so I recommend using some SP Designs correct sprockets with Miniarm or MasterClub replacement tracks.
The oversized barrel (a flaw of all DML/Zvezda T-72/80 kits) can be replaced by some turned barrel.
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2011 - 10:44 AM UTC
if you wanne build it ootb, and want it to look like a russian tank

1) don't add the top part of the tracks, nor take trouble in fitting the tensionwheels, you'll never see them again
2)if possible replace barrel with metal one
3) thin out the fenders and sideskirts till they can be bend with hot water or air,to simulate the rubber

4) get a piece of branch, cut it till same diameter of "wood beam" of kit, take some foil and make straps ,add to back
5)paint Nato olivedrab,add oils, mud, and you'll be happy!

or you can sell it, wait till trump or others make a brilliant perfectly accurate one
( that could take a while)

greetz
 _GOTOTOP