_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Cyber-Hobby Opel 4x2 Cargo Truck
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 08:07 AM UTC
Rick Cooper walks us through a build of the Opel Blitz 4x2 Cargo Truck from Cyber-Hobby.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 09:24 AM UTC
Thanks Rick a well written review ! I almost look forward to the snow and cold for time to build this Opel gem. Tom
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 03:24 AM UTC
Superb review, Rick, you're raising the bar for all of us.

This one should just about put the Tamiya/Itaeri warhorses finally out to pasture.

I hope DML will extend this franchise to the 4x4 version and maybe some of the adaptations, too.
mark111special
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 01:05 PM UTC
I'm sold. Time to get this truck.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 03:29 PM UTC
NICE review, Rick!

Having just bought the CH Opel with Flak 38, I think my CH Opel 4x2 purchases are done, but were they not, this kit would be in line!

And yes, I would agree with all that the old Opel war-horses may safely head out to pasture, now that the D (in CH guise) has reared his head in this genre!

Of course, a 4x4 version of this key Wehrmacht truck would be most welcome...

PS: That triangular doo-hickey mounted on the cab-top-front is, I believe, a fold-down convoy marker sign common to many German cargo trucks of the era.

Bob
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 04:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

NICE review, Rick!

PS: That triangular doo-hickey mounted on the cab-top-front is, I believe, a fold-down convoy marker sign common to many German cargo trucks of the era.

Bob

Not a convoy light but when raised indicates that the vehicle is towing a trailer.

Good review mate. Makes me wanna buy a couple but it will have to wait as I'm done to only one or two lives now as far as model purchases are concerned
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 01:50 AM UTC
Cliff;

RIGHT-OH! You are so right and I crashed on this one!

Shortly after I had posted my first thought on that marker, I handed the family computer off to the dotter for her to do homework and stuff and headed off to prep for lights-out time... Later, that marker came back to me in a rush!

But it was too late for me to retract and redo my post, so I figured to get to it from the office today... but you beat me!

Yes, it is a "trailer-in-tow" flag, and actually appears on many trucks (mostly commercial types) in Europe for years before and much after WWII - as I saw in my service there back in the later 70's! Silly me that this little detail had so badly slipped my mind - as my kids remind me, there must be growing sand-in-the-air-bearings and scratches across sectors in my hard-drive!

Bob
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 09:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Cliff;

RIGHT-OH! You are so right and I crashed on this one!

Bob

Last night I crashed my remaining lives on model purchases as well by buying a lot of PART PE and another couple of ICM kits for conversions so Any of the Opel Blitzs are off my radar for a long time to come
 _GOTOTOP