Hosted by Darren Baker
Twilight 2000 campaign entry: T-34/105
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,612 posts
Armorama: 449 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 01:46 AM UTC
Long time no see, folks. Well, now that Gennady's Iron & Steel Works is more-or-less back in operation, I'd like to "shock" you Twilight 2000 campaign builders with my latest entry.

Behold, The T-34/105! Hey, if the Israelis did it to the Sherman, why not do the same for the T-34?

Actually, there's a "background story" I concocted for this particular project, but it's in the office computer so I'll post it on a later date. For now...

... the T-34/105 is, as the name suggests, a T-34 with a 105mm gun. Again, I&SW up-gunned and up-armored a decent kit to make yet another monster. In this case, the 105mm gun is the venerable British L7 105mm rifled used in the M60 series. The gun came from Academy's M60A1 with Dozer Blade kit. The T-34/85 is by Tamiya and was around 90% complete and given a pre-coat of flat black many many months ago (almost a year) when it eventually got placed in the shelf gathering dust due to neglect.

The Isherman inspired me to up-gun and up-armor the T-34/85 for the Twilight 2000 build. And so this is the result so far. There's still some work to do - e.g. FLIR, ERA, etc. but this is what it looks like right now. I started on 1st Oktyabr, local time, to coincide with the official start date of this campaign, considering that the base model is more-or-less complete and just needed a few modifications.

Here's some more pix of the monster. Apologies in advance for the grainy images.

The gun was slightly modified with the addition of a muzzle brake - probably from a Tiger I kit (because the muzzle came from the spares box). The 88mm bore of the muzzle brake looked almost just the same size as the 105mm, so I didn't enlarge it nor modified the muzzle brake anymore.

shonen_red
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 02:08 AM UTC
Welcome back dude! So you've been quiet all along just to work on this kit. I found the kit nicely done! So you're a fan of GMA networks hehehehehe
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 02:12 AM UTC
Nah SR. Reason I was off-line was not this, but a different reason altogether. Thanks for the compliments on the model.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 02:29 AM UTC
BTW, will this monster be put in a dio? It would be very nice if it does!
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 05:30 AM UTC
Hey Gennady...nice to see you. See the T-2001 post for more...
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 05:47 AM UTC
Gennady,

Love the work you've down on both your beasties. Check out my Super Jumbo Sherman "The Sumbo" in my gallery. The perfect opponent for the T34/105...

Great job...
Lovin this campaign,
Shaun
Selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 09:25 AM UTC
Looks great and a very nice mod

If there is another "what if " build like this next year, I think I'd be interested in joining. :-)
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 09:51 AM UTC
Nice I dea.......you might even consider placing a gun mount on the turret roof and puttong in some IDF tank crew.....
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 11:43 AM UTC
Thanks for the kind words.

SR: Nope. No dio. Ain't got the resources on that one. But perhaps in the future.

Keenan: Will do check it later. While I was tinkering with the T-34, I had your Sumbo in mind. :-) The Russians just needed to reply to your Sherman. :-)

Airwarrior: Indeed I will give it a machine gun, particularly a DShK 12.7mm if I can find one or, failing the DShK, a Ma Duece .50-cal. I'll be giving this one also a counter weight like the Isherman, plus smoke poppers, better optics, ERA, etc.

Selrach: Thanks! It's quite fun doing hypothetical/fictitious mods. You can let your imagination go a bit wild - limited only to some reality data to make the mods realistic. Try it! It's a lot of fun - which modelling ought to be. :-) The campaign just started, you can still join.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 1,538 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 01:01 PM UTC
Nice lookin' tank BISIGI! It may be relatively small but it packs a wallop
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Friday, October 03, 2003 - 11:17 AM UTC
Only one word comes to mind at this point GIB...

Sweeeeet

I really don't know which of your beasties I like the best so far...

Gunnie
 _GOTOTOP