Hosted by Darren Baker
Revell Tiger I E
jamingui
Visit this Community
Spain / España
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 05:10 AM UTC
The kit is very good. It has a metal barrel form RB and photo etched Grille from Voyager. The crewman is from AB figures

Cheers

Javier
Matt182
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 269 posts
Armorama: 243 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 09:46 AM UTC
Very nice Javier, with a good choice of additional details. The cable to the headlight is a nice touch. Its just a shame Revell mould their tow cables so thick! The figure is excellent
PanzerAlexander
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 625 posts
Armorama: 608 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 05:18 AM UTC
Nice Tiger Javier. Did you make the Zimmerit your self?
Fantastic painting on the figure too.

P.A.
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 09:59 AM UTC
@jamingui – Javier,

Welcome. First time seeing your work and it is really well detailed and painted. I don’t remember Revell issuing a Tiger I kit with Zimmerit paste? You did an outstanding job of it and to scale. The vehicle is nicely weathered and the camouflage is well rendered. Your commander is outstanding too!

I also like the weathering on the tracks and running gear. I have to agree with Matt ‘Matt182’ in that both the tow and track cables are over scaled detracting from an otherwise excellent build.

Thanks for posting and sharing your build here, hoping to see more of your work!

~ Eddy
Firefly74
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 224 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 01:57 PM UTC
Hola Javier. Great looking build! Your zimmerit and camo look great and your figure looks superb! Are you going to do a base for it?
Cheers
Tim
Korpse
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 12:19 PM UTC
Hi Javier

great looking Tiger, and very nicely painted figure.

Looks like you maybe used the 'sharpened flat tip micro screw driver' method to get the zim effect ?

However you did it, it looks very effective.

cheers
Neil
jamingui
Visit this Community
Spain / España
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2011 - 09:45 AM UTC
I used the method of applying plastic glue to the surfaces, letting melt 5 seconds and then inscribing them with a jewelers screwdriver. For this scale I think is the best method. Is the first time I tried it. The key is not to be so scared. In case of disaster a little bit of putty and sanding can repair the damage.

I have finished another tank, a Dragon M4A1 76 W, also 1:72.
The thread doesn't appear labeled as Braille because I forgot to do so and I don´t know how to change it.
In case anybody is interested: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/183452&page=1

I have not think about a base yet. Maybe a small vignette...

Thanks for the comments. I have in the pipeline an Ace kit. The Unic P-107 halftrack in 1:72. Lots of flash but nice kit nonetheless.
I wil put some WIP pics

Cheers

Javier
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 04:31 AM UTC
Javier,

Very nice job on the build and finishing, I also love the painting on the figure. Thanks for sharing this with our "little" group. Your Sherman also looks super! To get the forum changes for it, send a private message to Keith Forsyth (the administrator of this forum) or post a request in the User Support forum.

Cheers,
Jan
majjanelson
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 979 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 06:58 AM UTC
Javier,

Your Tiger I E is well done, with the only fault being the overscale tow cables that Matt & Eddy pointed out, which I will replace with string or twisted wire in my kit.

The Zimmerit also looks very good and isn't uniform, which makes it even more realistic. The only problem I can see with this technique would be how do model missing patches of zim?

Well done, sir!
 _GOTOTOP