_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Kingtiger Last Production
Mario_HR
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 376 posts
Armorama: 303 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 08:40 PM UTC
Cory Sosebee provides us with an in-box review of Dragon''s latest edition of the King Tiger in 1/35 scale; SdKfz 182 Henschel turret King Tiger - Last Production w/Transport Track [#6209]

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 09:33 PM UTC
Good review and GREAT pictures as well. I don't have any (and never have built one) King Tiger kits in my stash to build but if I were to get one this would be the one, just because of this look inside.

Thanks!

~ Jeff
spitfire303
Visit this Community
Vendee, France
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,406 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 09:50 PM UTC
Review is really good. Can't say the same thing about the kit (beside the tracks). For any modeller who knows a bit of the Tiger II story and available kits will see that this kit is a quite of a let down. What DML did here was to throw into the box the transport tracks (ok that's the positive point), PE bits strengthen the front mudguards and clear periscopes (anyway a quite number of people over paint them...). I won't go into details what is missing in this kit so we can really call it last production.

It's not a bad kit but it's just almost the same as most others non zimmerited DML TII kits. So at least you really want to get those transport tracks I would advise two buy one of the older ktis (like 6254, 6232) for almost half the price and spend the money you save on an aftermarket set of PE or AM tracks.

my 3 cents

spit
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,575 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2011 - 12:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Review is really good. Can't say the same thing about the kit (beside the tracks). For any modeller who knows a bit of the Tiger II story and available kits will see that this kit is a quite of a let down. What DML did here was to throw into the box the transport tracks (ok that's the positive point), PE bits strengthen the front mudguards and clear periscopes (anyway a quite number of people over paint them...). I won't go into details what is missing in this kit so we can really call it last production.

It's not a bad kit but it's just almost the same as most others non zimmerited DML TII kits. So at least you really want to get those transport tracks I would advise two buy one of the older ktis (like 6254, 6232) for almost half the price and spend the money you save on an aftermarket set of PE or AM tracks.

my 3 cents

spit

Funny you should mention those two kits, Pawel. I'm using those two to build a TII Final/Last/End of the line, at the moment. I paid $40 for both of them.
spitfire303
Visit this Community
Vendee, France
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,406 posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2011 - 12:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

my 3 cents

spit

Funny you should mention those two kits, Pawel. I'm using those two to build a TII Final/Last/End of the line, at the moment. I paid $40 for both of them.

I said one but with other AM bits
 _GOTOTOP