_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Detail sets for Valentine II Mk III ?
spearhead21pz
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 127 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 11:05 AM UTC
Gentlemen:

I have been looking for Aftermarket Detail sets for the MiniArt Valentine II Mark II kit #35096 and have yet to find anything. Can anybody help me out here, PE, gun barrels, etc? I have checked Voyager, Eduard, Griffon, Jordio Rubio (sp), and have found nothing. Am I going to have to build it strictly OOB?

Thank you for the help.

Ralph
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 04:13 PM UTC
You should be able to get a "generic" 2lb QF gun barrel from JB models along with a replacement Besa MG barrel.

They also have the antenna base for the No. 19 radio set if you want to show a Mk II with a later radio.

I haven't seen any PE for the Valentine yet, but wouldn't be surprised to see an Eduard set pop up at any time.

Bronco offers a set of link-to-link track for the Miniart kit, no AB3536. I also think that Fruil has a set of tracks too. (Could be wrong about that, tho...)
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2011 - 07:03 AM UTC
Eduard make sets for the old VM Mk II/IV and the Maquette Mk X/XI. Certainly a lot of these parts would be appropriate for any Valentine.

There are a lot of 2 pdr barrels out there as well, many of which would be acceptable for the Velentine,

Tin flimsies & BESA ammo boxes are available from a couple of sources.

Fruil do make track for the Valentine.

I think it's Inside the Armour that make sun compases and, I think, No.11 set antenna bases.

So, there are a lot of accessories out there as long as you broaden your search a bit.

Of course, you can also scratchbuild almost anything that can be put out as an accessory (except tracks, those'll drive you nuts!) so if you need more than is readily available, you can certainly make it yourself.

Paul
spearhead21pz
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 127 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2011 - 03:06 PM UTC
Mike and Paul;;

Thank you for the information. I probably would have eventually got around to JB Models because of the possibility of the Fruils that I do recall now having seen. Thank you for the tip on Inside the Armour, since I have only built DAK German Armor and soft skins to date (back into the Hobby for less than two years after many years), I would not have thought about Inside the Armour.

I placed orders this evening, can't wait for the items to arrive. I might wait a little while to see if Eduard put out a PE detail set on the Valentine.

Again thank you.

Ralph
 _GOTOTOP