_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Operation Market Garden sig files
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 09:47 AM UTC
I don't know who is responsible but the Operation Market Garden sig files that have sprouted on this site are absolutely amazing. It proves that there are some really creative folks lurking around here. I love it. If I have to say it, I will: Frankly people, we rock...
No where else on the internet will you find this kind of creativity and camaraderie. I hate to sound like a cheerleader but I am stunned every day by what goes on here.

Thanks, I am taking the cheerleader uniform off now.

Shaun
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 09:57 AM UTC
Beat me to mentioning it! I wasn't going to - but I think they're the best sig banners I've seen used here so far. Kudos to whomever created them - no eyesore there.

Gunnie
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 11:57 AM UTC
I believe its Faust and/or Eagle who are the 'ones responsible' for that sig line.

It is pretty d@mn nice ......
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,088 posts
Armorama: 1,257 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 04:31 PM UTC
I must agree too Faust has a nack for designing these sig banners.
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Armorama: 727 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 04:44 PM UTC
Someone will have to buy Faust a beer. It doesn't suprise me that he did them, he is a very talented man. And he is part of Armorama, no one is can claim that besides us!

~Chip :-)
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 06:03 PM UTC
Friends,

I must admit the banners are awesome. The idea behind it was mine, but the banners themselve come from the creative mind and hands of Robert (Faust). I am absolutely delighted with wat he has made. Awesome quality !

The banners are part of our Benelux Market Garden Campaign that we are now preparing. The members who will join the Benelux Market Garden Campaign wil show these banners until the campaign has ended. To avoid a massive invasion of only one logo, Robert decided to make more banners (more diversity).

Why "wear" those banners now (and not when the campaign has started), you might ask.... well this is simple. Although the Campaign itself will start early next year, we're gonna use the period prior to the start of the campaign for different group activities like :

- Developing and Selecting the Campaign Ribbon. People can send in a ribbon or medal they made. After October has ended we will choose the Campaign Ribbon with a poll.
- Field trip. Prior to the Campaign we're gonna visit the Airborne Museum in Oosterbeek. We're going back to the place where the fighting was 60 yrs ago
- Rules and Regulations will be posted
- Research will be done and will be shared

The banners are a way for us to show that we want to be in this together as a group.... Robert just did an excellent job with this.
 _GOTOTOP