_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Spade Ace 1/35 Metal Tracks
Teaker11
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 962 posts
Armorama: 786 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 05:20 AM UTC
Has any one herd of or used thease tracks? They are showing up on ebay out of China
Thanks
Jim
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 10:39 AM UTC
Ok I will order a set for T-90, Voroshilovets Tractor and one for B-4 M1931 203 mm Howitzer and let you know how they are. The order came with free shipping we shal see how long it takes to Califorina, will be back with pictures when in.
Jim
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2011 - 04:48 AM UTC
Thanks for taking the plunge Jim...let us know what you think and about that shipping time.
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2011 - 08:13 AM UTC
Will do I have all ready had an email on shipping, supposed to go out today and then 2 to 3 weeks before I will see them. As soon as thy arrive I will post what I see with pictures.
Jim
TheGreatPumpkin
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 690 posts
Armorama: 672 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 02:01 AM UTC
Hi Guys,
I suspect that they are knock-offs of Friuli's (as most stuff like this usually is), but I'll reserve judgement until we hear back from Jim.
Regards & Merry Christmas,
Georg
vahleof
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 125 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 04:25 AM UTC
hi Jim
from what I see in the chinese forum a relatively simple review of Spade Ace tiger I and tiger II tracks
http://www.imx365.net/bbs/thread-128062-1-1.html
http://www.imx365.net/bbs/thread-128060-1-1.html
their verdict is that the assembly of track are relatively easy, some-to-heavy metal flashes
hope it helps!
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 04:47 AM UTC
Hmm, looks interesting. At least the T-90 tracks can not be knock offs from Friul, as they dont exist. Maybe Sector35, I dont know. Looks interesting indeed.

Andreas
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 04:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Guys,
I suspect that they are knock-offs of Friuli's (as most stuff like this usually is), but I'll reserve judgement until we hear back from Jim.
Georg

They make M107/M110 tracks which no one else makes as indy links, so these are certainly their own product. I ordered a set two days ago.
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2011 - 01:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Guys,
Georg

They make M107/M110 tracks which no one else makes as indy links, so these are certainly their own product. I ordered a set two days ago.

I hate when people say this....this how malicious rumors get started.
ericlhy
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 24 posts
Armorama: 23 posts
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2011 - 05:19 PM UTC
Spade Ace is the first 1/35 Metal tracks manufacturer in China, their products are thier own designs not the copies from other manufacturers. The quality and prices of their products are better than Friul.
TheGreatPumpkin
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 690 posts
Armorama: 672 posts
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2011 - 06:13 PM UTC
Guys,
As erichly says, they are not knock-offs, I'm willing to believe it, but I'm kinda skeptical as they lifted USAF emblem and put on their login site: http://www.imx365.net/entry.mpl?tolink=/bbs/thread-128062-1-1.html
here's USAF logo:
http://airforce.com/?m=2011EASearch&pl=Google&med=CPC

Make up your own mind on this one. I'm still on the fence. Scott, you are right about starting rumors, but this just doesn't smell right.
As to the price, I went and looked up Friuli's at Pacific Coast Models and they have them for around US$33 for most of the sets. I checked Import Hobby ( http://www.importhobby.com/shop.php?section=Metal+Tracks&type=WWII+German+Axis and their German tracks go for $30-37 a set with the majority at $34. Now, the last time I checked $33 IS less than $34 (we scientist types like to keep track of such things). It's not much, but it does prove the above statement isn't true. If I've found the wrong site, someone please set me straight. But so far, the supporting evidence doesn't seem to support the claim.
Regards,
Georg
ericlhy
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 24 posts
Armorama: 23 posts
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2011 - 07:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

As to the price, I went and looked up Friuli's at Pacific Coast Models and they have them for around US$33 for most of the sets. I checked Import Hobby ( http://www.importhobby.com/shop.php?section=Metal+Tracks&type=WWII+German+Axis and their German tracks go for $30-37 a set with the majority at $34. Now, the last time I checked $33 IS less than $34 (we scientist types like to keep track of such things). It's not much, but it does prove the above statement isn't true. If I've found the wrong site, someone please set me straight. But so far, the supporting evidence doesn't seem to support the claim.

My meaning of 'prices of their products are better than Friul' are the pricing in China only not in overseas, the pricing of their products in China are from RMB140 to RMB200 appro. USD22 to USD32. Most of thier products are priced within RMB160.00 appro. USD25.
vahleof
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 125 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 06:09 AM UTC
Sorry I didn't know that IMX365 asks for login, before they never ask
where are some photos from their website, about their track on Tiger I, I never saw a Friul one before so maybe someone can clarify if it's a knock-off
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tbsmodelcanada/6544603019/in/photostream/

another info, this company does not have their own website, not even in Chinese...,every suspecious indeed

N.B. I still didn't fully understand how to post pics so voila my photo album
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 07:17 AM UTC
Well,

theres is no way to tell they are knock-offs, because of course they will look like friuls because those are tiger tracks and connected with a wire, just like friuls. Does this mean it´s a copy, NO! I hope people get my point. I hate Rumors like this.

My 2 worthless €Cent
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 07:37 AM UTC
Let's wait and see what Jim says about his T-90 tracks.

And Pawel, can you update us on the M107/M110 tracks when you get them?
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 09:29 AM UTC
I did nit mean to stur up such a mess, but I thought the same with sector 35 and was surprised that on the T-80 on side hooked in and the other side used a little piece of wire. I will do the t-90 tracks. some where I have some plastic and resin to compair. I have had emais and a tracker so they are on their way. Merry Christmas all and a good new year
Jim
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 10:24 AM UTC
I'm pretty interested in the quality of these tracks.

I came very close to buying some as the last set of Fruils that I used had a lot of casting flaws (A LOT OF CASTING FLAWS!), and I suspect that their molds are in need of some repair or renewal or whatever. I like Fruils' metal tracks, but at some point even I have to ask myself how much work is too much?

In any event, I had too much trouble tracking down ordering info for the Spade Ace products and didn't place an order.

However, if Jim's experience is good, it just might be worth the effort to order from Spade Ace next time. A couple of extra bucks spent would be worth it to me if the quality is there.

One can hope that Spade Ace has taken advantage of 3D printing technology for thier masters, and we all have a new source for some quality AM tracks.

Thanks for leading the way here, Jim!
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 10:52 AM UTC
Mike
You may want to try Sector 35 I bought mine in 2 orders from Euro Hobbyshop from Switzerland, and I paid for the better shipping and had them in a week, the Spade ace tracks are listed so far from one dealer called dawngrocerystore and had 32 different tanks but as soon as I get mine in I will post for every one.
I just checked the tracker, they are on their way regestered mail, shipped by air so not bad for free shipping, that actually makes the cost even less. I wish now I had ordered a t-72 or t-65 to compair against as I have Fruires to compair to.
Jim
nooplwb
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 202 posts
Armorama: 195 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 04:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry I didn't know that IMX365 asks for login, before they never ask
where are some photos from their website, about their track on Tiger I, I never saw a Friul one before so maybe someone can clarify if it's a knock-off
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tbsmodelcanada/6544603019/in/photostream/

another info, this company does not have their own website, not even in Chinese...,every suspecious indeed

N.B. I still didn't fully understand how to post pics so voila my photo album

no website=very suspicious.......
What kinda theory was that?
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 04:50 AM UTC
@ Jim: Thanks for the Sector 35 recomendation. I'm not opposed to using them, either, I just like the "heft" and flexibility in finishing the metal tracks.

@ Vincent Zhou: Spade Ace does have a web-site, just not a very good one -

Spade Ace Models

However, I do agree that without any good contact data or dealer/vendor listings, their lack of information makes you wonder if you want to do business with them.

At any rate, hopefully friend Jim has "cracked the code" on getting their products.
jet
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 306 posts
Armorama: 295 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 11:21 AM UTC
These are in no way knock offs. I bought two sets when they first came out. One for to replace the useless ones that came with the HobbyBoss Pz IC? I don't think anyone else has a set in metal for this type.
http://www.armourworkshop.ca/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=402&start=20

And one for the first Dragon Neubau. Fruilmodel has a set coming out for this model but SpadeAce has had these available for pritneer a year.
http://www.armourworkshop.ca/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=455&start=30
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 11:52 AM UTC
Now that I have seen the tracks , I am glad i bought the sets that I got.
Well done James, Thanks for shareing.
Jim
jet
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 306 posts
Armorama: 295 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 02:59 PM UTC
I would not hesitate to get them again. I got mine from importhobby.
http://www.importhobby.com/shop.php?section=Metal+Tracks

Martin Meng was only to helpful and the tracks arrived promptly with no issues.

BTW I suspect the name was meant to be Ace of Spades but you know... lost in the translation.

Neubau's
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 04:08 PM UTC
Jacques,

M107/110 link. Dang. I like those!

http://www.importhobby.com/sku338551_spade_ace_spade_ace_sat-35134_u_s_m-107_m-110_m-57

Mike
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 11:33 AM UTC
Good day all My order for 3 sets of tracks came in today 2 weeks from the day I ordered. each track came in its own box. I opened the T-90 track first and to my surprise there are 5 pieces per track
Here are the track for russian B-4 Howitzer
I took 3 treads out and there is no flash and holes drilled clean through and good tolerenaces betweeen the tracks, so for the price and free shipping and 2 week
registered shipping they have me sold no yesterday I had an emal from inport hobbie out of china I had ordered a set of tracks for m-107 so 1 week between ording and shipping so we shall see. I dont have my T-90 yet it is on bak order so I dont have a track to compair it to but it looks like a T-80. for the price and shipping I feel that thew are a good set of tracks. And The import hobbie had a lot more tracks. they could give Furi and Sector 35 a run for thier money. I will try to build the B-4 Howitzer this weekend and try the tracks for comparision Happy New Year all
Jim
 _GOTOTOP