_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
B,D brand's 25 PDR field gun compare
ABRAHAM
Visit this Community
Chang-hua, Taiwan / 台灣
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 10:25 PM UTC
Hello guys!!
I just got Dragon & Bronco's 25 PDR field gun from my friends,and i do a compare with them.I found the D brand's too low and the B brand's too big.And i also hear the AFV club's start to issue a brand new kit about 25 PDR field gun,so i can't wait !!! enjoy it !!!

Dutchy3RTR
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 340 posts
Armorama: 337 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 10:40 PM UTC
But surely you're just comparing the instruction drawings with the real thing. I'll be more interested to see actual measurements or comparisons with the built kits...
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2011 - 12:24 AM UTC
I have the Bronco model in my grubby little hands and I have unrestricted access to several 25pdr guns both in parts and fully functional to compare it to, I am in the process of checking the parts against the real gun. So far I have only found 1 minor issue that will need to be overcome; however I am sure there will be more as NO kit is perfect. I will say that as the group I am a part of use the 25pdr guns on an almost weekly basis we have been very impressed with what we have checked so far. I do not have the DML offering of the 25pdr as yet but will check it in due course.

What I would ask of you is to remember that there is more than one type of 25pdr and that you are comparing artwork (which may or may not be an accurate rendering of the model) against a picture from a book that may have been altered to fit the page as the publisher wanted. I will be starting a blog/build review here soon with pictures of the real gun parts with the model parts which may help you out.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2011 - 12:41 AM UTC
Hi,

I can only see red Xs in you thread!! Same detail in your post about the Bronco M24.

What exactly is you agenda if you don't mind me asking? By the way welcome to the site.

Cheers

Al
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2011 - 09:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi,

I can only see red Xs in you thread!! Same detail in your post about the Bronco M24.

What exactly is you agenda if you don't mind me asking? By the way welcome to the site.

Cheers

Al

Yes, just what is he agenda here? Interesting that you have two kits that haven't been released yet but are critiscising them in a pretty unscientific way. If you look at two different marks of 25 pdr on diffrent ypes of caraige and trail you will see differences like these. How accurate are your drawings that you base this on? Are they manufacturers or official blueprints? Are they drawn from a real gun (which may or may not be correct to it's original manufacture)?

Welcome to the site but given your first posts are you sure you don't have a japanese Cousin called Hiroshi?

Regards
Al
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2011 - 09:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome to the site but given your first posts are you sure you don't have a japanese Cousin called Hiroshi?

You really don't believe Hiroshi is Japanese I hope? hehe

Yes Abraham is likely an employee of AFV Club. We have seen similar attempts by Trumpeter, Dragon, and others to do this sort of subterfuge marketing. I suppose as long as they are posting accurate images and information it is no foul. As I just told some of my staffers comparing poor Abraham to Hiroshi is really not fair. Hiroshi is an online bully and cyber attack-dog.

Of course if Abraham wants to step forward and associate himself to AFV Club in some way (whose kits I am a sure many of us admire), then he can still post comparisons and feedback on other makers kits in the clear light of day and no one will admonish him for that (unless they think he is wrong of course).

Cheers,
Jim
Dutchy3RTR
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 340 posts
Armorama: 337 posts
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2011 - 10:18 PM UTC
So is company A's offering any better? - oh wait...
 _GOTOTOP