_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
MasterBox New Year releases
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 05:03 AM UTC
MasterBox have sent us news of three new releases for the New Year. In January 2012 MasterBox will be releasing three World War Two figure set covering the Eastern Front, North West Europe, and one are that will raise a very loud cheer the Pacific theatre. Take a look inside for more details.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 05:16 AM UTC
It's nice to see more Marines coming along.

Nice looking sets.

Al
VLADPANZER
Visit this Community
Lebanon
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 549 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 08:43 AM UTC
Love them!!! Great job Master Box!
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 11:36 AM UTC
Some great figures for dioramas, nice job Masterbox
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 01:05 PM UTC
The pic of the Marines looks better than the 1st M.B. posted, I hope they go with this set up personaly. They have that Burma look to them. I'll take at least 2 to start. And though I don't do many German vign. anymore, those cold weather guys look really freaking cold. I really like the way the coat bottoms are blowing around, perfect set up for them. Darn good job again Master Box. Heck, as much as I spend on your figures I might as well buy stock in the company. lol. You guys are really putting the screws to other styrene companies, you fill a void in figures that everyone else seems to be afraid to touch. Keep up the great work, and I'll keep buying them, just hope Ilive long enough to build them all. Hope you will release a set of W.W.2 Chinnese army figures one of these days, oh the possabilities you give us, love it.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 12:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The pic of the Marines looks better than the 1st M.B. posted, I hope they go with this set up personaly. They have that Burma look to them.

I'm open to correction on this but AFAIK no Marine units served in Burma.

Great looking sets- I'd buy stock in the company too.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 12:33 AM UTC
Indeed, three very interesting sets ... at least going by the art work. If they can convey this posing in plastic, they will be tops!!
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 12:41 AM UTC
Hi

With at least two of the sets we can see the plastic figures, or certainly what Masterbox show in their "In progress" section.

I've been caught out by a few box arts in my time so I'd never commit to any purchase of figures till I've seen built examples, from any manufacturer.

Set 3584 German Infantry

Set 35103 Cold Wind

The Cold Wind set does look very good and I'd expect to see lots of examples of those used in dioramas, competitions etc.

Alan
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 05:43 AM UTC
Hello all and happy new year,
Nice releases there ! The cold germans are lifelike.
As far as marines are concerned, it is very surprising: MB never published a single picture of the real figures, only a photo and now a boxart. Would it be a new marketing method from MB, letting our imagination, and thus raising our excitement, work what could be the final result. To my opinion, if its the case, its a risky strategy because we usually imagine far better things than reality can offer.
Anyway my imagination tell me that this set could be terrific (in the same range than their desert rat, which was their best kit.
All the best,
Julien
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 05:52 AM UTC
Oh wow... I had not seen the anouncements of these sets before.

Thanks alan for posting those links. The Figures of Cold Wind look pretty spot on comparing them to the Boxart. And I love the miserable poses they show.
Allthough. I probably would have bought the set blind for the boxart alone. Big fan of mr Karaschuk's work here. For that reason alone I own a lot of masterbox figure kits (there is probably more wrong with me then I'm willing to admit )
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 06:58 AM UTC
Some good news is that I will either update this news story or run another as MasterBox have said they will send me sprue shots tomorrow. So something other than New Year to look forward too.
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 09:50 PM UTC
Hello,
I've seen the sprue shots of the marines on MB website.
The details looks really nice. I'm still wondering why they didn't put pictures of the masters in the in progress section ??
One remark : if they are marines, according to the box art, shouldn't they wore the marine strap ie the one with the round buckles, instead of regular army strapes ?
Best,
Julien
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 - 10:08 AM UTC
Yea, must of had a brain freeze after looking at the cold weather Germans, no marines in Burma, duh on my part.
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 04:48 PM UTC
I really like the Marines. I am not known to be a fan of more Germans , but these frozen stiff ones look pretty good. I might even get some when they come out..........
 _GOTOTOP