HAC Land Rover
ghajas
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 09:42 AM UTC
Hello,

I'm planning to build the Honourable Artillery Company Land Rover (109) towing a 25pdr gun. Can anyone send/direct me to picture references on this topic?
Quite a few years ago I had one photo but it's gone with my old harddisk...

Thanks for any help!
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 10:05 AM UTC
Something similar to this ?
http://www.maltashipphotos.com/productfile.asp?ProductID1=5364&PRODUCTCAT1=Yachts

HTH

Frenchy
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 10:19 AM UTC
There's a few photos in this Flikr set (not my photos so please don't copy without permission)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/homer----simpson/5033044891/in/photostream/

USAFSPOOK
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 116 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 03:46 PM UTC
I have a few pictures in an old copy of Bob Morrison's Modern Military Land Rovers in Colour 1971-1994; the 109 is the hard-top version , ID plate number 52 GJ 40--entered service in '75-'76; right -hand drive; black/green camo; no specific HAC markings other than a small red over blue square centered on the front grill and on the upper left of the 25 pdr. gun shield; is also a small black plate on the front left bumperette and on a plate on rt rear even with lower hinge of rear door: LOND/142 lettering in white.vehicle is also FFR with tuner box on left fender. Will you be using the detail set from Firing Line for this model? Would love to see photos when you get finished! The lightweights used by the HAC in the ceremonial duties (as in the previously referenced photos) had more colourful markings than the 109s used when deployed in the field.
ghajas
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 - 06:21 AM UTC
Hi guys,

Thank you for the help and pics so far.
Yes, I have the Firing Line set plus the Revell 109.
Until now I planned for a muddy field manoeuvre dio - I had a photo on this.
Now I started thinking about a parade version.
The project is a bit away, I have several others on the list. I promise to update you on the result.

Thanks again, Gabor
USAFSPOOK
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 116 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 - 09:48 AM UTC
The pictures I was looking at were when the HAC was on a field exercise with the ever present mud! If you are going to do a ceremonial model, you will have to use the lightweight version of the Land Rover (I guess you know Firing Line does a 1/35 version of this particular vehicle) --109s only used when in the field. Indeed, please keep us posted!
 _GOTOTOP