_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Apocalypse Really Now Proposal
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 - 05:31 AM UTC
I can't believe I'm suggesting a campaign, making more work for myself. I was just catching up on the newsgroup rec.models.scale when someone mentioned that since 2012 is supposed to be the end of the world (according to the Mayans) that we should pick a kit to build that we've been saving, a kit that we would like to have built before we passed on if we had foreknowledge of our demise.

I'm thinking of my Brave Models 1/35 JGSDF Type 60 SP RCL resin kit, although I also have AFV Club's Sd.Kfz.251 "3 in 1" kit. Of course one reason I am saving them is because I don't think my skills are up to the task so I am hesitant.

What do y'all think?
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 - 10:47 AM UTC
Hey Gary, I only have about 250 problems with that. The 250 kits or so in the stash I want to build before I kick the bucket. The mental consternation, man you are making life hard. But on the serrious side, I have pro-modelers vinyl dragon heart to do.
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 - 04:47 PM UTC
Mine would be the Polar Lights 1/350 USS Enterprise ( the space ship) with full lighting set and aztek pattern masks. I think though it will have to wait until I get into air-brushing so hopefully the Mayans got it wrong....
 _GOTOTOP