_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Fit of AFV Club Centurion Suspension
awrc
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 11:11 AM UTC
Has anybody fitted the AFV Club Centurion suspension to any of the various Accurate Armour hulls, or any of Legend's assorted IDF vehicles that use Centurion suspension? AA's suspension units seem good, but their wheels have issues with stuff like being round and having the centers in the center. Legend's wheels have a *lot* of excess resin to remove. Given the current cheap price of the AFV Club suspension set, it seems to be a cheap source of better suspension and/or wheels, but *does it actually fit*?

Tanks,

Al
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 01:14 PM UTC
Al,

I have brought a set of the AFV club Cent suspension for this exact purpose to use on a AA Cent Mk.11, I'm no where ready to start this project but I'll check it out in a couple of days if you can wait, once I've finished my shifts.
If it does I have need of another four sets!
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2012 - 10:50 AM UTC
Al, I had a quick look today and the back (mounting?) plate of the suspension unit is the same except for two extra locating pins near the top being present on the AFV Club plate. So fitting will not be an issue.
awrc
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 04:17 AM UTC
Thanks, I think I'm definitely going to go this route for the remainder of my AA Centurions. The experience of trying to deal with the AVRE 165's wheels, carefully mixing and matching inner and outer wheels so that they were, on average, round, was a whole bunch of no fun, so the Mk 11 and (if I verify it had the same suspension and wheels as production Centurions) A41 are going to get sets of these.

Once I've picked up a set, I'll test fit them to the appropriate Legend hulls and post the results here to finish off the thread.
 _GOTOTOP