_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Zvezda KV-1
ComradeMP
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 472 posts
Armorama: 453 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 02:46 PM UTC
Hello all,

Finished my first kit of the year, this time around I got to get out my Mig pigments for the first time. How's it look? My DSLR has gone rouge on me so I'm stuck with an old carmera.

ironfortified
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 03:07 PM UTC
I bought this kit a few weeks ago but haven't started it. Another Zvezda kit I recently completed had really brittle parts and poor instructions. How did your build go?
ComradeMP
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 472 posts
Armorama: 453 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 07:17 PM UTC
I've built a few Zvezda kits and this one was a bit different from them. Instructions are better organized into sections are way more clear. Plastic felt better. Fit was better. The rubber band tracks feel odd and don't take glue to well, but the kit has track sections with link by link option. The only thing I can think of is some gaps at the bottom of the turret when you put it together, but filler can fix that.

Could have breezed through this one faster than I did, but I was building my Tamiya KV-2 and JS-2 at the same time as well. You can see my progress HERE
Neonik
Visit this Community
St. Petersburg, Russia
KitMaker: 397 posts
Armorama: 397 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 12:59 AM UTC
Hello! That phrase on a turret is absolutely incorrect. In Russian there is no such words Фор мать россиа! It should mean For Mother Russia and in Russian it will be "За Мать Россию!"
 _GOTOTOP