_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
REVIEW
Early WW2 British peaked caps
wedgetail53
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 658 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 03:09 PM UTC
Alan McNeilly reviews a new set of early WW2 British peaked headgear by Resicast

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
TheModeller
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 127 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 12:08 PM UTC
Does anyone know if there is much difference between the caps depicted in this sat and wartime RN officers caps?

Im wondering about using one of these heads on a Wee Friends figure to produce an officer for my Italeri Vosper.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 07:59 PM UTC
Hi Les,

I'd hang fire there a little. I can't say it will happenn but I think there is a possibility of Ian doing a set of Officers/Petty Officers caps. It was something I mentioned to him as a good addition to the Wee Friends RN Chaps.

Another option you might consider are the New World Miniture LRDG Heads some of which would be good for the RN.

This set wouldn't be suitable for the RN as to my eyes the top of the RN officers cap is much wider. It is possible they could double as a petty officers cap but the Petty Offficers caps seem much less rigid than the army style used by the military.

Just my thoughts.

Al
TheModeller
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 04:41 AM UTC
Shame, I was hoping to swap a head with a peaked cap onto this chap...

I think he'd make for an excellent MTB commander, the casual look seems to suit the look of crewmen in the references I've got.

Ah well, I'll see what comes about in the way of new figures but I'll check out the NWM heads as well, after all, its not like I'm in a hurry!

Cheers Alan.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 07:26 AM UTC
Hi Les,

Yes that one is a nice figure.

I've been woking on a crew too

These is a need for some Officers/Petty Officers Heads though.

Cheers

Al
TheModeller
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 12:59 AM UTC
I'd seen those in the other thread Alan, nice collection of crew and details, I'm only really after a single figure to pose on the deck to give a sense of scale, and I'm planning to finish my Vosper as a Mediterranean boat so the duffle-coats will look a little out of place.

I'm sure something will turn up in time although I also found the Hornet officers heads in peaked caps so maybe I'll take a closer look at them, they don't have any decoration on the caps so its a case of careful painting of the RN cap badge or maybe a decal...

Thanks anyway.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 06:19 AM UTC
Hi Les,

if you're looking for a single figure U Models have an French Captain in an arm chair, dress in whites and some of their French Indo China figures would work for the Med. They also ahve a Captain they did for the LCM 3 who could probably be adapted for the Med. If you look at the Model Victoria Italian crew the skipper their might work as well if you don't mind formal dress.

Al
 _GOTOTOP