_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
BTR-40 review
Luty
Visit this Community
Russia
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 299 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 05:32 AM UTC
Hello all!
I want to post this BTR-40 review from M-Hobby magazine.
In Russian.
I hope many modelers who are going to buy this set think again about it and, perhaps, manufacturer will change the model. Errors in the size of the model are very serious.
...trumpy BTR-40 it is another big fall of them and deceived hopes of many modelers around the world.
http://postimage.org/image/6hwqcpts1/full/
http://postimage.org/image/l6cokx0jv/full/

Hope this helps.
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 05:48 AM UTC
Taras, it would be better if the article surrounding the pictures were translated, as some of the pictures are not very good quality. I assume the paper beneath the model is a print-out of the plans in 1/35 and the model and parts has been laid over it, showing some scale differences?

The scale differences are quite obvious when compared to the plans the magazine has used but they would be pretty much un-noticeable if you didn't measure each part exactly and I would say few modellers would buy a kit just to measure every part down to the last millimetre.

It won't stop me buying the BTR-40 kit. I also dispute the idea that this kit is 'another big fall' for Trumpeter. I have just completed their BTR-60P kit and the quality of the parts was stunning as was the fit, which was pretty much perfect, the kit clicked together in some areas. The 60P was easily the finest Trumpeter kit I've ever built.

However, I agree that companies don't always get things right, Trumpy's BTR-50PK was dissapointing in some respects and maybe the 40 is aswell but I would say there are very few companies out there, probably none, that have produced 100% perfect kits 100% of the time.

In any case thanks for posting this info, it is interesting. I just wonder if we could get the text in English, I'd very much like to read what is said about it.
 _GOTOTOP