how I start a scene
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 10:45 AM UTC
Hi all,
Here I leave you some pictures as I start a piece, in this case 1 / 72. I always found it interesting to see how they begin to take shape a project, which is sometimes difficult as it has been armed er when it is finished.

Here it comes to an urban scene, not just the house, so the first thing is to see how the volumes remain in any scene is the first step. As in the paint work, in this area there are also tricks to avoid falling into monotony, it is and break the lines so straight and parallel approaches and angles. Nothing new, just look at the scenes that are presented here to take good examples of this
the previous model I made with foam board I mind seeing these volumes only if they work or not, here no details just the lump.

When it is more orless will be determined as above start that this piece is going to rule all others.
The type of house and scale allows work with plastic. in this case I used the 0. 5 mm thick that I can cut without too much effort from behind I put reinforcements in plastic 2 mm which gives rigidity.

As you can see him the 3D scheme is only a very general way about the house.
Now, with the plastic in your hand I can pursue in detail by varying the design construction. It's time to draw directly on the plastic with free hand where windows, ornaments will stay etc, in fact, never follow a predetermined plan, I get ahead of plastic, cardboard or whatever and let the imagination work ... the result already going to see here.
greetings
[IMG] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/blockhaus/1-41.jpg [/ IMG]
[IMG] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/blockhaus/2-41.jpg [/ IMG]
[IMG] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/blockhaus/3-39.jpg [/ IMG]
[IMG] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/blockhaus/4-34.jpg [/ IMG]
[IMG] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/blockhaus/5-27.jpg [/ IMG]
bill1
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,938 posts
Armorama: 520 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 03:52 AM UTC
Yo Blockhaus,

that's what I call planning!!

Thnaks for sharing!

Greetz Nico
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 04:16 AM UTC
What an awesome way of starting!!

You definitely have a handle of things! I'm like you I can draw something out on paper, but it usually changes when I get in real life 3D...

Looking very interesting, will be fun to see this one develop!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 10:22 AM UTC
Hej Carlos. As always its a pleasure to see you starting something new. Iīd love to see you continue to develop this idea and let us into some of your techniques along the way. Ive watched a lot of your work unfold over the years, and still find new ideas and techniques with each new build.
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 - 07:54 AM UTC
thanks guys for your nice words.Here as how looks the piece today

as you can se I use expendable plastic things, that coneverted can be used as others purposes. One thing that I have found very useful is wire from electronic devices.This can b used for make ornaments that have round section in curved areas.
cheers
Carlos

blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 03:45 AM UTC
this is how looka the finished buildinf afther the layer of prime

anti-hero
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 420 posts
Armorama: 307 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 04:21 AM UTC
Carlos, I agree with what Frank said 100%. I ALWAYS click on your posts because there is always something that makes me say "WOW." Please keep us updated as this build progresses.

I know you've said you look at photos and old postcards for ideas ... do you ever try and reproduce a particular scene or building? or do you take details from different buildings / scenes and combine them? Also, I love how you use different materials in your builds. It's really interesting to see.
Thank you for posting.
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 09:09 PM UTC
Thanks ; Iīm glad that these messages are interesting for the fellow modelers.
abiut my pieces, ingeneral I not copy from a photo, I prefer adapt the real thing to the needs of the scene. I consider that we not make architecture models, we make "theater proops" and these must be done for the true protagonist of he scene: the vehicles and figures.
Of course the details, ornaments, etc must be true, but volume, how a ruin itīs broken, etc must be adapted to the needs of the scene.
cheers
Carlos
miccon
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 - 12:02 PM UTC
it seems tedious to build, question: would that be the sort of stuff you could make a mold of, so if you use same architecture in future builds it would be faster to make?
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 10:04 AM UTC
Hi Michael,
itīs not tedious, with every bit of plastic glued ypu can see how the piece grows and take the shape that you have in your mind.
This pieces itīs very suitable for make a mould, but itīs for a friend, thus this will be only one piece, no copies
Greetings
Carlos
 _GOTOTOP