_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Update Under the sun dio 232
waterboy
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 332 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 11:34 AM UTC
Hi guys, Heres an update photo of my 232 for the Under the Sun group build. The 232 is almost done ,just a little more weathering and a few minor things to add, rucksacks,waterbottles helmets,Etc. Now its time for the ground work and the figures

airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 12:03 PM UTC
nice dio,If thiers one thing I can add (two actually) the fire looks too .....perfect,it needs to have lots of twigs,and have some assortment of sizes,and,where do you get the wood in the first place,also,if this is a night dio,which I'm assuming it is due to the fact that there is a fire in the desert,I would add some clothes to the figs,it gets QUITE cold in the desert at night.
waterboy
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 12:18 PM UTC
Thanks Airwarrior, you just made up my mind for me. I have been struggling about the fire because of the same reasons. Bye Bye fire #:-) It's sure helps having an extra set of eyes helping you out
PvtParts
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,876 posts
Armorama: 1,120 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 12:36 PM UTC
Looking very good and I like the idea of putting the fire out, keep us posted.
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 07:00 PM UTC
Fire in the desert is also visible for quite a long way... a fire in such an open area would typically be small, and dug into the dirt to protect against not only horizon scanning, but also to protect against the winds... a large fire won;t go out as easily, but a small one would... feel free to keep the fire, but "trench" it.

Also, there was a fine article in a recent issue of FineScale Modeler about creating fire effects using a portable AM radio and red-tinted "wheat grain" bulbs... check into it! Basically, the am radio "static" was used to power the light bulbs in a truly random fashion, by replacing the speakers withthe bulbs... the more volume, the more intensity... and the more variation in the signal, the more variety in the "pattern" of the lit bulbs!
Venom
Visit this Community
Alessandria, Italy
KitMaker: 720 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 08:06 PM UTC
I like it, yes the fire is too big and too perfect..
in the desert on night is very cold, is difficult to see people without dresses...If you remove the fire you can resolve two problem with a single action :-)
But I like the dio, the tank is well done and painted, I like the tent and also the others objects.... also the figures is in a nice position, a moment of relax....
in the end...very nice work
regards
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2003 - 12:28 AM UTC
I like the 232. It is very well done. I know the figures are long from being done (as you stated), I would mention that (when the time comes) you will want to make them a touch darker from the extra sun.
airwarrior
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 05:32 AM UTC
AAAAAAHHHHH..I just had an Idea!Maybe....just maybe,if you made a figure coming out of the tent,you could keep the fire,kand just babout everything in the dio,You could call it WAKE UP CALL or something morning oriented. The reason I say this is that in the mmorning the light is not as bright as in the noon,and the fire would not be visible.
waterboy
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 08:34 AM UTC
Nice thought Airwarrior, but the fire as been removed. After all, the 3 gentlmen are all drinking wine, not something I generally do first thing in the morning unless I'm working on a really bad kit.
Venom
Visit this Community
Alessandria, Italy
KitMaker: 720 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 09:16 PM UTC
ok waterboy!
wich kit are you using for the figures?
waterboy
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2003 - 08:30 AM UTC
It's not really a kit Venom. The one figure with the wine bottle to his mouth is pretty much stock from Dragon Africa corp kit. The other 2 fellows are Frankensteined together from the parts box.
 _GOTOTOP