_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern Armor
Modern armor in general.
Hosted by Darren Baker
HOW TO with the 1/35 Echelon Modern Camo Net?
skarik
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 324 posts
Armorama: 295 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 05:09 AM UTC
Hi there,

have you experienced working with the 1/35 Modern Camo Nets decals from Echelon. I wonder what did you use to stick it to the model?

Any feed back would be welcome

Thanks

Jiri
sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,672 posts
Armorama: 2,475 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 05:19 AM UTC
I believe it's like a decal and has an adhesive on one side, so no glue required. What is the project?

cheers
skarik
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 05:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I believe it's like a decal and has an adhesive on one side, so no glue required. What is the project?

cheers

Could be, but the instruction says you have to let it dry for a day or so, so I wonder if it does not loose its adhesive ability. Iīll test it on a small piece and will see
Btw: I have nearly finished my VLRA project and the camo net should be one of the last steps.

Thank you

sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 05:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

cheers

Could be, but the instruction says you have to let it dry for a day or so, so I wonder if it does not loose its adhesive ability. Iīll test it on a small piece and will see
Btw: I have nearly finished my VLRA project and the camo net should be one of the last steps.

Thank you

Are you rolling the net up, laying it down on the vehicle, or suspending the netting in the air?

cheers
skarik
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 07:19 AM UTC
I plan to have it folded over covering the truckīs bonnet so I definately need the net to follow the bonnetīs shape (at least a bit)
sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 08:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I plan to have it folded over covering the truckīs bonnet so I definately need the net to follow the bonnetīs shape (at least a bit)

In that case I would recommend following the instructions using the tacl powder and laying it where you want it before it dries completely.

cheers
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 09:43 AM UTC
Just wondering if anyone has anything to add to the application of this.I want to apply it to the Canadian Leo for barracuda.I have layed a foil cover sheet on the top of the front lower hull and a base coat of Buff on all the other areas to be covered.Can't find a video on applying and don't really want to screw up a good kit.They're website does'nt seem to work.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 04:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just wondering if anyone has anything to add to the application of this.I want to apply it to the Canadian Leo for barracuda.I have layed a foil cover sheet on the top of the front lower hull and a base coat of Buff on all the other areas to be covered.Can't find a video on applying and don't really want to screw up a good kit.They're website does'nt seem to work.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

I found the product very difficult to work with and I could not get the sheet to do what I wanted no matter how I followed the instructions.

Have you seen this new product? It might be worth considering for your Barracuda panels?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i100wBmpdZg
Andrij
Visit this Community
Lviv, Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 74 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 06:04 PM UTC
Hi!
Try to use this camo net.
http://a-z-models.com.ua/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=11293&category_id=512&option=com_muzsweet&Itemid=1&lang=en
It's cheaper method making modern Barracuda.
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 12:02 PM UTC
Hi guys,
Tried the Echelon net today.So far the most wasted money I have ever spent.Most of it fell apart trying to get it off the wax paper.Love the instructions on the reverse side."To do barracuda camo ,figure out your own way".
Andrij ,on that website,were do I find the netting?

Tom
 _GOTOTOP