_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Maker for 1/35 WW2 German Helmets?
FNG
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 92 posts
Armorama: 54 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 05:07 AM UTC
I need several replacement helmets for some Dragon Figures. Any suggestions for a supplier that fit Dragon Heads? I like the Dragon Helmets, need a few more. Often, Tamiya helmets seem too big for Dragon Figures? None left in the spares box, and to late to change heads......Thanks, JC
newdriftking
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 365 posts
Armorama: 283 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 08:52 PM UTC
Not sure if you've found anywhere for your helmets yet, but I'd suggest investing in some Oyumaru - its a flexible molding compound that's re-useable.... So you could make some moulded of the helmets and use them, this is my plan ad I need some for a dio...

Check eBay or the For Sale section on here...
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 01:52 AM UTC
Im sure if you ask in the buy and sell forum, you´ll get plenty of guys who replace Dragon heads with Hronet or the likes, that have spare helmets, that would sell cheaply!
If not, you have also this possibility ... buy Hornet or Ultracast heads with the helmet yu´re looking for ... the facial details will also be greatly improved on these, which will make painting them easier and more effective. Ultracast also make nice helmets with liners, if you want to show bare heads! Another company that make metal punched helemts, that look very nice is SKP, although these are expensive!
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 02:11 AM UTC
Hi

VLS Warriors (if you can find them), SKP (real metal ones), Tank, all do German Helmets. I can't advise you on their size in comparison to others though. You might find the Tank ones come up big, but it depends on what figures you use.

Alan
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 01:14 PM UTC
Hi

apparently Ultracast as well.

Alan
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 03:39 PM UTC
Hi,
Take a look at Warriors # 35279, German Helmets. Saw them over on Squadron while browsing. Maybe they would work for you.

milvehfan
captnenglish
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,184 posts
Armorama: 770 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 03:59 PM UTC
Ultracast or TANK
FNG
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 92 posts
Armorama: 54 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 07:22 PM UTC
Thanks Guys for All the replies...Sorry getting back so late on this. I took into consideration everyone's tips and advice and ordered a few different sets, and have been working with them. Hopefully I will post a few pictures when this dio is done. Thanks agoin, JC
 _GOTOTOP