_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
BlackDog Back Packing in Australia
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 09:14 AM UTC
BlackDog is really spoiling the members here that are fans of Australian armoured fighting vehicles with the release of two dedicated sets of Australian vehicle storage and one general set of Australian storage. Take a look inside for further details.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
KitMaker: 2,315 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 10:43 AM UTC
Question to our Aussies armor expert:
Can I use this for the LAV III??
The rear basket seems to have the hole for the mast of the LWR.
Cheers
Seb
Harvs73
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 66 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 11:11 AM UTC
If you mean the antenna masts, there is a complete set put out by Arms Corps Models of Australia that is a complete set of masts and bases made specifically for the Bushmaster and ASLAV.

For a look at the parts and a brief review go to the link below:

http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3059

All of the packs and other personal gear packed on the vehicle are able to be used on any vehicle.
Removed by original poster on 01/27/12 - 00:52:36 (GMT).
jasmils
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,016 posts
Armorama: 745 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 12:37 PM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

Cheers
Seb

As all Lav's use the same turret and baskets (to a certain extent) you should be able to use this ASLAV set for a LAV III. So long as you are using the Trumpeter turret or one based on the Trumpeter.
The hole on the basket is actually on the centre mount for the antenna base attached to the rear of the turret.

Nice sets, but I do think that the ASLAV one is a fair bit overloaded. Most stowage is on the inside of the car. And the rear basket has not been corrected.
As for the Bushmaster one, well we all know that I am working on a couple of sets and that is all I will say for now, but good on Black Dog for having a go. Good detail and accuracy on the packs and trunks. They just should have spent more time on the DUKE's. The basics are there at least.

Cheers Jason
Adamskii
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 537 posts
Armorama: 474 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 02:19 PM UTC
keep it coming!

the more options there are, correct or otherwise, the more customising and variation is enabled!

Not sure about the huge quantity of equipment on top of the Bushy, I think someone said elsewhere that might be an issue. but the kit on the sides with some cut down wire boxes and we getting some good representation. (PE wire baskets anyone/ cut down hesco's ? )

As always though... just takes one reference pic of fully laden Bushy or Aslav to justify all that stuff.

very nice indeed.

Adam

airborne1
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 915 posts
Armorama: 797 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 09:21 PM UTC
Very nice detail.The casting looks like a high quality standard.

Well done Black dog .The stowage just brings the vehicles to life .

Michael

bulivyf
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 2,450 posts
Armorama: 2,409 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 10:28 PM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheers
Seb

As all Lav's use the same turret and baskets (to a certain extent) you should be able to use this ASLAV set for a LAV III. So long as you are using the Trumpeter turret or one based on the Trumpeter.
The hole on the basket is actually on the centre mount for the antenna base attached to the rear of the turret.

Nice sets, but I do think that the ASLAV one is a fair bit overloaded. Most stowage is on the inside of the car. And the rear basket has not been corrected.
As for the Bushmaster one, well we all know that I am working on a couple of sets and that is all I will say for now, but good on Black Dog for having a go. Good detail and accuracy on the packs and trunks. They just should have spent more time on the DUKE's. The basics are there at least.

Cheers Jason

Thank you for a professional look. I personally resent the crowded turret, where they will not really open hatches. Also, I miss the correct Australian fuel and water cans, which are on each vehicle.
Miloslav
 _GOTOTOP