Hosted by Darren Baker
Marder III H
madmax5510
Visit this Community
Hunedoara, Romania
KitMaker: 354 posts
Armorama: 343 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 12:35 PM UTC
My first post this year,Italeri[ex-Esci] Marder III H with some minor modifications,brush paint and first washes with acrilyc colours...still in progress:

Cheers,
Dani
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 03:54 PM UTC
@madmax5510 – Dani,

It has been a while since you’ve posted a new build here and I’m happy to see that you have.

I have been looking at your model for a while because I like the effect you’ve achieved with the brushed on colors. What I’m saying is that it looks like the vehicle has been abandoned for a while sitting in cold weather at this stage of your build. I’m sure that this is not what you are trying to depict here. But at this stage of your painting process I think that if you had painted it to look this way it looks very convincing to my eye, especially with the lack of any crew items and stowage not even an antenna. Really, it even looks like a larger scale build!

I like the track sag and weathering on the running gear. I will wait to see more of what you may have in store for this build.

~ Eddy
weathering_one
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 458 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 - 06:02 AM UTC
Looking really great Dani. I agree with Braille that it looks rather forlorn or even abandoned. I wish more people could appreciate what can be done with acrylics and a brush.

Regards,
AJ
 _GOTOTOP