_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Small Scale
Dioramas of subjects smallers than 1/32 scale.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Sniper!
dpeterso
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 30 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 08:27 PM UTC
So I found these two old t-34 models I made when I was a kid and added a few figures to make a street fighting scene. Unfortunately the t-34 76 was missing a lot of pieces and I was forced to make it a heap.

The building was an old rail-road model that I built and proceeded to destroy. I also wanted to make this a scene to include some soviet propaganda.

Anyways, here are some pictures!

This is a poster I had seen and I tried my hand at painting it myself.

As you can see on the turret a lot of the pieces are just random turret pieces from other models just kind of added on.

Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 10:10 PM UTC
Overall its a good effort. Plenty of rubble and the painting looks good. The scale of things could be improved upon. The building appears to be slightly too small in comparison with the tanks. The tanks themselves look OK, but with items like the side fuel canisters, you should get items that are more to scale, and also think about thinning them when showing them exploaded. Good idea to show the T34 with missing parts as damaged. The biggest problem in my eyes is that the oncoming tank´s running gear appears to be floating.
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 - 03:34 AM UTC
Hi, Nice weathering and organization of this scene. You gave me some ideas for some railroad buildings . You did say you did these tanks when you were a kid so that may account for the rear exhaust pipes facing upside down. You should definitely do another scene as it's good!!!
 _GOTOTOP