_GOTOBOTTOM
MAFVA Forum
The official forum for the Miniature AFV Association.
Hosted by Tom Cromwell
Gordon Brown Strikes Again!!!!!
Kulik
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 131 posts
Armorama: 130 posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 - 03:04 AM UTC
Potential Buyers Please Read!!!!!!
http://www.network54.com/Forum/47211/thread/1327360897/Gordon+Brown+%26amp%3B+Cromwell+Models+-+A+Warning+to+all.
Scribe
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 68 posts
Armorama: 65 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 04:11 AM UTC
All
Have read the thread and maybe paying large amounts by cash is not such a good idea. Also having never dealt with Cromwell Models I have no ax to grind, but maybe it better to only part with cash if the item is handed over. However if Gordon reads this how about some review samples then?

Neil Wharton
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 - 05:21 AM UTC
The problem as I see it is. there are no signatures nor a date on this document from or by either parties and so hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt!

While the amount is visible and also the currency for a total it doesn't indicate cash, credit or debit.

A lesson here I think.

Keith.
india11
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 10:40 PM UTC
Actualy...

You can add an eyewitness account :

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47211/message/1328274778/A+Response+from+James+Blackwell

Ray Blythe.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 11:35 PM UTC
I must admit I like the fact Cromwell tread was allowed on ML. Kudos to all the administrators there.

I know most modeling websites usually lock any discussion about Cromwell right after the first post... it is about time we all stop turning our heads with the response to "deal with the manufacturer directly instead of complaining on the forums". It obviously doesn't work like that... and there are too many accounts of problems dealing with Gordon Brown to ignore the fact people are constantly being ripped off.

Modelers need to know what to expect if they decide to order expensive resin kits from Cromwell Models. The posts about Gordon Brown and his customer support should not be banned... it is not about being "neutral" any more, it is about doing the right thing. I really feel we have a duty to inform modelers on Cromwell Models business practice.

Mario
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 12:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ray I also read that but I also took note of the wording and I quote > ..." but we were heading to France the next day so he was keen to offload his pounds and figured as long as he had a receipt he would be fine...obviously not! !

Is the receipt for Euros or pounds or does that indicate where it took place? and here it is clearly stated he saw Pounds being exchanged, the figure amount has also been altered but not initialed?

That's as clear as mud.
In any court here, the written word (receipt) would be produced and pit against the vocal interpretations.

I have served many a subpoena to appear in court and seen them (the action) thrown out for these minor irregularities on receipts...

I am not defending Gordon Brown's actions here but what does concern me is the veiled threats contained within the replies.

If the complaint is taken to the court and maybe it should be, then allow it to come to a binding decision as issued by them.

Keith.
india11
Visit this Community
Australia
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 09:16 PM UTC
Hello Kieth,

If you look at the receipt in Question,you can see that Gordon has written - in his own hand - a Britsh pound symbol in front of the amount. In addition...if your read James Blackwells account...it clearly states that this occured at Euro Militaire - Folkstone - Kent - UK . 2009.

Regards,
Ray Blythe.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 - 01:23 AM UTC
Hello Ray.

Yes I saw that as well and again I wish to point out the correction made without initials from either party and no date? The Pounds sign indicates the denomination but not the method of payment nor indication of 'paid in full' all of which are important factors.

Yes a witness was present and that may be the key here as the receipt by itself really would not be sufficient in a court.

I do hope a resolution can be found but a lesson for all is to obtain a proper receipt stating 'PAID IN FULL and a date' regardless of method of payment.

Best of luck.

Keith.
india11
Visit this Community
Australia
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 - 10:05 AM UTC
Time will tell....

Ray Blythe.
 _GOTOTOP