_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
LeMax Trees for 1:35
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2003 - 10:20 AM UTC
Several folks have asked about the trees I use in my dios... I make a few, but most are from the broad range at LeMax... hard to find, except around christmas time! (try walmart or Michales for a large selection)... here are a few favorites:

And there are many more... including those without leaves such as birch, poplar, oak, and elm... Best of all - they are about 1/4 the price of Woodland Scenics, and they are FAR superior in reality... they look real, and are "bendable"....
kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 678 posts
Armorama: 448 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 05:15 AM UTC
Hello KFMagee:

Picked up some of the Lemax trees this weekend, including the one you pictured with the reddish leaves. These leaves are obviously out of scale. How do you make use of these trees with the oversized leaves? Do you pluck off the leaves and replace them with something else?
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 06:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello KFMagee:

Picked up some of the Lemax trees this weekend, including the one you pictured with the reddish leaves. These leaves are obviously out of scale. How do you make use of these trees with the oversized leaves? Do you pluck off the leaves and replace them with something else?

That particular tree is the only one that has such badly proportioned leaves... there is an Elm that has really nice "orange, red, and brown" leaves that looks great for the fall season. On the maple leaf, what I do is pluck off the leaves, then dip the tree in white glue solution... once it is wet, I drop dried tea leaves across the limbs which then adhere and look really nice. Give it a try or use the tree bare.
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Armorama: 727 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 09:05 AM UTC
Great idea. Thanks for the buying tip! I bet that weeping willow one would look cool in a farm scene.

How did the moon turn out KF?

~chip :-)
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 12:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great idea. Thanks for the buying tip! I bet that weeping willow one would look cool in a farm scene. How did the moon turn out KF? ~chip :-)

Chip - the willow looks GREAT if you put several together by a river bank or in a park scene... some of the most realistic out there, and the leaves are PERFECT! As for the "moon" scene, I downloaded it, but haven't used it yet... will let you see it when I get the right dio for it. Want to see your efforts as well.
 _GOTOTOP